Online retailers trusted/scammers

madstace

Likes Dirt
Meant to post last week, +1 for Pushys. Had never used them before but found some odds and ends I needed there. Prices were great and they had the free shipping code which made it a bit nicer. Order arrived in 2 days, very impressive!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Starbike????

Starbike.com - Any experiences out there... They have some good deals on some brand new DT swiss wheels under $600 delivered and just wanting to see if anyone has experinces with them?

ChopSticks

Banned
Starbike.com - Any experiences out there... They have some good deals on some brand new DT swiss wheels under $600 delivered and just wanting to see if anyone has experinces with them?
Banging prices
def legit and safe place! So don't worry
If you do order something can I hitch a ride for a seat clamp? I forgot it in my last order and shipping prices for one small item just doesn't make sense!

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those Germans.....

apart from the 1 stuff up I have had really good experience with Starbike, it is also nice to get a human response from emails and always from the same person. I have also bought several things from them that were not listed on their web site (just ask) and they were happy to price match.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Starbike are sweet. Tend to ship faster than the other German sites I've used (Bike24 and Bike-Discount) as well.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Banging prices
def legit and safe place! So don't worry
If you do order something can I hitch a ride for a seat clamp? I forgot it in my last order and shipping prices for one small item just doesn't make sense!
I'll send you a pm IF and when I am good to go.

I am giving my LBS a chance to get close first - i'd say they will fail but i like to try first.

Minlak

custom titis
I ordered Oneup Componenets cogs and cage a from Oneup thier freight pretty much says we have no idea when it will get there just wait for 14 days after it is meant to get there then contact us :)

So was wondering how long other peoples orders have taken from them?

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
+1 for SCV Imports (Tuggerah)

Ordered 20mm atomlab adaptors at lunch yesterday, and were delivered express post before lunch today. Also threw in some freebie allen and star keys.

Legends.

rsclio

Likes Dirt
I ordered Oneup Componenets cogs and cage a from Oneup thier freight pretty much says we have no idea when it will get there just wait for 14 days after it is meant to get there then contact us :)

I've ordered twice and they are prettyslow3-4weeks from memory

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.

I've ordered twice and they are prettyslow3-4weeks from memory
Yeah same experience here, took three+ weeks, happy with the product, wait was a little long.

Gripo

Eats Squid
What's the go with USPS tracking of recent times....have an item last tracked at LA ISC on 23rd Sept, nothing is USPS tracking or AusPost since...

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few weeks ago I put in a big order with bike24. Accordeing to their website they don't charge CCs until order is ready for despatch. Same as CRC etc.

3 days later they email to tell me they only have 6 of the 32 spokes I need and can not get more even though their site showed stock.

I checked starbike to see if they could supply spokes and other item which they could, they even price match B24 on a hub I needed.

Before cancelling my order I emailed to double check if they had already charged my CC- no only when order is ready to dispatch.
OK cancel order.

2 weeks later my CC statement arrives- debit B24 $921, 4 days later- refund B24 $854.
yep, conversion fee for charge and refund. Fees charged by my bank but would not have occurred if they were truthful as I would have kept the order and just chased the few spokes I needed elsewhere.
Super dodgy bastards. Sent a few please explain emails but they couldn't give a shit.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for Wistanleybikes, bought some Marzocchi forks of them, good to deal with and fast post

+1 Evans cycles, bought from them a few times, slightly different range to CRC and wiggle and better prices once you log in (remove VAT I guess), not the fastest post, but stuill free

+1 for price point, used them a few times from 2000 till now, bit of a hassle with gettign payment authorised, but otherwise OK.

+1 cyclingexpress, easy to deal with but stuff is sent from t7Tawain, not a problem so can take a bit longer, also wonder if you would have to pay duty if over $1000?

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Another plus 1 for bike-discount.de

ordered a bunch of stuff last week and its now landed in Adelaide. Reckon I saved about $400 compared to CRC.

FYI Pikes and Reverb posts are particularly well priced in comparison to anywhere else.

Pike RCT3 27.5 = $718 vs $1000 at CRC
Reverb post stealth = $318 vs $369 at CRC