Online retailers trusted/scammers

PJO

in me vL comy
Other shops I've used

Just following up the bike24 thread from last week.

Aside from bike24 I've used:

bikeonlineshop.net
- website not organised very well, bit hard to find some stuff, but otherwise prices good.
- shipping is slow takes around 3 weeks, use DHL.
- good service, cancelled and refunded an item at my request that was holding up my order, taking too long to turn up from their warehouse, they couldn't give me an eta for its arrival.

Rose Bikes
- communication is good.
- cheap DT spokes sold in packs of 20.
- bought larger items like rims, well packed, with no problems.
- shipping starts at around 15 euro but doesn't increase much from there, is slow takes around 3 weeks, use DHL.

Niagra Cycle
- bought some 24' rims, only place I could find the ones I wanted, was well packaged.
- postage wasn't the cheapest but comparable with bike24.
- delivery was around 3 weeks.

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Here's one to add to the trusted side;

http://www.hibike.com

Some really good pricing, and seem to have a good range. They out did all the major sites with my order.

Postage seems to be a flat rate of 22.90 euros no matter if it's a small or large order. I bought a frame, liter of mineral oil and some other small bits and pieces.

Shipping was quick, quicker than my last crc order, but obviously not as quick as the aussie sites.

I'd happily buy again.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Some really good pricing, and seem to have a good range. They out did all the major sites with my order.

Postage seems to be a flat rate of 22.90 euros no matter if it's a small or large order. I bought a frame, liter of mineral oil and some other small bits and pieces.

Shipping was quick, quicker than my last crc order, but obviously not as quick as the aussie sites.

I'd happily buy again.
Can vouch for hibike as well. The Germans get most of my online big buys....

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.

I'd happily buy again.
Also love me some hibike, on many things they seem to be cheaper than everyone else.

Order wise best I have had time wise is nearly 4 weeks to Melb. they dont stock half the shit I want so it doesn't get dispatched for 10 days... but the prices make the wait worth while.

Minlak

custom titis
Never used them to buy stuff just their spokes calculator a lot. Been around a long time they should be good.

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
After seeing this thread I bought some shiny new brakes from www.hibike.com. I'll update again when delivered but so far great. They've shipped my item in less than 12 hours via DHL. I've always had a superb experience with DHL.

I saved about AUD$200 compared to ChainReactionCycles too! ☺

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Niagra Cycle
- bought some 24' rims, only place I could find the ones I wanted, was well packaged.
- postage wasn't the cheapest but comparable with bike24.
- delivery was around 3 weeks.
Yeah, their not too bad and have lots of hard to get bike parts. Their search function on the site is terrible, best to go through the menu and look for parts.

TwoSix

Likes Bikes
Quick question regarding Merlin cycles - how long should I expect to wait for a refund to show in my account? Anyone had a refund from them before?

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
Quick question regarding Merlin cycles - how long should I expect to wait for a refund to show in my account? Anyone had a refund from them before?

I was promised a refund on the 29/12/16, still waiting for it to show up on my card. Time to send another email I think. Was for an order placed early November that never arrived. My only other order from them (in October) arrived as expected, but I think the shipping company they use is unreliable.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
update request

Can we take Tekin off as they have closed for business.
And Ashgrove Cycles have changed their name to Giant Ashgrove.

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
After seeing this thread I bought some shiny new brakes from www.hibike.com. I'll update again when delivered but so far great. They've shipped my item in less than 12 hours via DHL. I've always had a superb experience with DHL.

I saved about AUD$200 compared to ChainReactionCycles too! ☺
Just an update on my order:

• Ordered on the 4th, received an email receipt straight away.
  • Shipped on the 5th, received two emails, one to say they were packing it and another to say shipped. DHL tracking number provided.
  • Delivered on the 12th.

Very happy with their quick service and frequent communications and no SRAM geocrapping.

nickg78

Likes Dirt
The Bicycle Store

Anyone know whats up with The Bicycle Store? (https://www.bicyclestore.com.au/)
I ordered ten days ago and just today they responded to my email form last week saying the items might not be in stock but not confirming anything.
They have no phone number listed and seem to take ages to respond to emails.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone know whats up with The Bicycle Store? (https://www.bicyclestore.com.au/)
I ordered ten days ago and just today they responded to my email form last week saying the items might not be in stock but not confirming anything.
They have no phone number listed and seem to take ages to respond to emails.
I haven't dealt with them in a while but yeah, they don't like returning emails when there is a problem.

BTW here's the number.

Danny hart.JPG