VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

Pastavore

Eats Squid
That was fun.

Perfect weather, perfect grip.

Legs were about as average as I expected, but the flat tyre on the second lap, and the derailleur that wouldn't shift into the largest 2 gears both kinda sucked.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Well I popped my race cherry and a perfect day to do it. Pretty sure I was nearly dead last for the men because I started right at the back and wasn't passing anyone up the climbs. Still good to be out there and have a go and share the pain with everyone else. Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers etc. the track was awesome.

moorey

call me Mia
That was fun.

Perfect weather, perfect grip.

Legs were about as average as I expected, but the flat tyre on the second lap, and the derailleur that wouldn't shift into the largest 2 gears both kinda sucked.

Looking forward to seeing the results.
You did poorly.

Thanks to all who cheered on and encouraged my 9yo and his mate doing it as a team. They struggled, but loved it. Helped get them their 4 laps in.

Thanks,collective Bathers family and others for the day. Great race.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
9.2Km according to Strava (or it didn't happen!).

A great day out on the bike, thank you to all that organised and ran the event. Weather couldn't have been better, track was in superb condition, no dust and no mud! A really interesting track through the stands of trees around the golf course and plenty of grunty little climbs to keep the legs warm.

Last edited:

Ddm

Likes Bikes
What a cool place for a race! The sun was shining, the track grippy and leg destroying, the kids had fun in the giant sand pits and they even scored a ride in a golf cart!

Thanks to all that helped make it happen and bring on rd 2

20150517_115316.jpg

Andy B

Cannon Fodder
Thanks for the plug Paul, and well done BSCC on a fantastic round 1.
Here is a Strava link to the course for round 2.
https://www.strava.com/activities/285843121

The Club social ride on Sunday 24 May will showcase these trails. The Cloverleaf is a configuration of four loops in the Walmer State Forest with a combined length of 24km. The trails include some rocky sections, serious switchbacks and the infamous Gully Run. This ride will take 2 to 2.5 hours.

Riders with intermediate skills are welcome but you must have a reasonable level of fitness and all riders must be self-sufficient with food, water and spares. MTBA membership is required. Day permits available for non-members $5.

The ride will commence at 10am. The meeting point will be at the intersection of Daltons Road and Daws Road, Castlemaine, just up the hill from the Pony Club grounds.
Any queries please email info@rockyriders.com.

Last edited:

Go

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know where the graded results have been posted? Signing up for round two, but don't know which grade to enter.

Cheers

Go