New XT.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Am I the only one who doesn't mind having the indicators there? I use them on long climbs in races where I know which gear I can hold all the way up. I could probably do it by feel/experience, but at the tail end of 100kms, I often find it easier to just glance down
I like em too! except fewer ks ...:tape2:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I still reckon two years for Di2... When it appeared on road, although theoretically launched at the same time as the mechanical group (late-'08 for '09 model year) it didn't appear for close to a year later. When the updated Ultegra mechanical group was launched at the usual time, there was no hint of the Di2 version that history now shows arrived two years later. Campagnolo's EPS (still the only alternative to Di2 available) was some time behind Shimano's offerings, so the absence of a competitor isn't stopping Shimano from bringing anything extra out.

JT145

Likes Bikes
I still reckon two years for Di2... When it appeared on road, although theoretically launched at the same time as the mechanical group (late-'08 for '09 model year) it didn't appear for close to a year later. When the updated Ultegra mechanical group was launched at the usual time, there was no hint of the Di2 version that history now shows arrived two years later. Campagnolo's EPS (still the only alternative to Di2 available) was some time behind Shimano's offerings, so the absence of a competitor isn't stopping Shimano from bringing anything extra out.
Yeah I agree.

Hopefully Shimano see it as a way to somewhat recoup loss from being so late to the 1 x 11 party.
SRAM's wireless roadie gruppo won't be far, likewise FSA.

I wouldn't be surprised to see wireless on an XX1 group soon either.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Saw the goodies in the flesh yesterday. Most of the details are already well-covered. The brake feel is much more progressive than the current set; as suggested earlier, the Servo Wave cam has been reprofiled, so the action is much closer to that of the 1st-gen Servo Wave M975/775/665. The rest of the brake system is very evolutionary.

The RD clutch (as with XTR, there is no longer a clutchless version) is significantly improved over M786/6, and much more like XTR. It's now externally adjustable, so you can easily tweak the firmness out on the trail.

Cranks are available in 1x, 2x & 3x, and also in a "B" version with all configurations, with offset rings to suit Boost 148 rear ends.

For those who still like multiple chainrings, there are an astonishing 12 front derailleur variations! High clamp, low clamp, high direct mount, low direct (E2) mount, top swing, bottom swing, side swing, 2x & 3x. Still a more streamlined lineup than SRAM's truly mind-boggling 40 variations.....

Stuff should start landing in the next month or so.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Hey Duck, what are your views on the XT vs Sram GX 11 speed? The shifter / mech combo for both will be around the same price.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
I note the 1x XT crankset has both 50mm and 53mm chainline options - how does one workout which is the correct one for their cassette alignment?

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
53mm cranks are for Boost. 50mm for everything else.

Interesting about the brakes, guess you could just buy a new set of levers and it'd be the same. Like having a set of Elixirs and then just buying Guide levers.

Duck, did they have a bike to demo round the carpark with XT on it? Going to be outa the country for the WA one....

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Pretty please Giant, make me happy and release the 2016 Anthem Advanced SX with full XT in a 2x11...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Some of the 2016 Giant range is already out... so unless Shimano filled OEM orders first you might be outta luck
I can dream... Mind you, Giant seem to spec a lot of brand new stuff as it comes out - my 2015 Defy with 5800 11 speed 105 for example, and the road disc stuff. Still a month to go before the Anthems etc get announced.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Hey Duck, what are your views on the XT vs Sram GX 11 speed? The shifter / mech combo for both will be around the same price.

SRAM have good concepts but the engineering is too often shit.... Shimano tend to be more conservative technically, but the execution is of a much more consistently high standard.

Minlak

custom titis
About $700 for the drive train group set with 2 x cranks from CRC. Might rethink it for a while getting all stingy in my old age