New XT.

moorey

call me Mia
I actually drilled out the internal housing for the Trek Fuel EX9 and ran the full cable outer for the rear derailleur.
Yeah, but you also sold me your 28t works ring and now need to buy another.

Who has best (in stock) prices on a shifter, cassette, dérailleur and chain at the moment?

Minlak

custom titis
Yeah, but you also sold me your 28t works ring and now need to buy another.

Who has best (in stock) prices on a shifter, cassette, dérailleur and chain at the moment?
I'm actually buying the 28t just for the epic... Getting 11-42 XT cassette and going to run the 28t for just the epic then I can sell another one to you after it. Instead of going 2 x

moorey

call me Mia
I'm actually buying the 28t just for the epic... Getting 11-42 XT cassette and going to run the 28t for just the epic then I can sell another one to you after it. Instead of going 2 x
I'm all good. My 7yo daughter runs the 28t with a 1x9 11-34. She finds the gearing a bit low. I'll bang on the 30t you also sold me.

Minlak

custom titis
I'm all good. My 7yo daughter runs the 28t with a 1x9 11-34. She finds the gearing a bit low. I'll bang on the 30t you also sold me.
If she moves to a 30t then my riding has improved... I'll be riding the same as a 9 yr old girl finally

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Seems to be Mountain Bikes Direct... At least that I could find who would deliver fast. Didn't even consider looking at ze Germanz. Ordered my bits from there last night.

It was a toss up between CRC, Wiggle, MTBD and TBSM.

MTBD won.

Warp

Likes Dirt
Seems to be Mountain Bikes Direct... At least that I could find who would deliver fast. Didn't even consider looking at ze Germanz. Ordered my bits from there last night.

It was a toss up between CRC, Wiggle, MTBD and TBSM.

MTBD won.
Stuff is flying off from CRC... yesterday it showed cassette and RD as available, today is out of stock.

moorey

call me Mia
Bah... I'll wait for the craze to pass. Hopefully I will not FUBAR my currently drivetrain in the meantime.
I'm due a cassette and chain change on one bike, otherwise I wouldn't be considering it at this point. If a shifter/cassette/chain/mech could be sourced for $350ish, I'm only $328 short of jumping in. :woot:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'm running 1x10, 32 to 11-40 on the Bronson. Missus bike 8 speed bits started skipping last weekend. So I thought 1x11 on the Bronson, 2x10 on the fat one (11 to 40) and then upgrade the wee Giant to 3x10 off the Muru. So I went and picked up a 9 speed cassette, some shifters and a chain. Spent less than $90. Couldn't see the advantage of 11 over 10 now I have the OneUp cage on the Bronson and it is shifting sweetly. Next time.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
Bike24.de had all bar the XT bar mounted shifters in stock last time I looked. They did have XTR shifters though, which then works out to about 300 dollars for cassette, mech and shifter. Extra 30 for a chain. XT shifter will save you about 40 dollars.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Are the XT I-Spec shifters only for use with XT brakes or can they be used with Formula or other brand brakes?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm due a cassette and chain change on one bike, otherwise I wouldn't be considering it at this point. If a shifter/cassette/chain/mech could be sourced for $350ish, I'm only $328 short of jumping in. :woot:
Wiggle stating late august stock. They're pricing is very cheap. Just over $300 with a KMC chaiin.

moorey

call me Mia
Bike24.de had all bar the XT bar mounted shifters in stock last time I looked. They did have XTR shifters though, which then works out to about 300 dollars for cassette, mech and shifter. Extra 30 for a chain. XT shifter will save you about 40 dollars.
Cheers for that. About $300 plus delivery for all XT. Reckon I might jump in soon, just need to sell some shite. I'm banking on the 11sp chain playing with a direct mount NW ring I've been running on X9 cranks. The absolute black ring I bought the other day was labelled 9/10/11sp, and I've mixed and matched chains before....what could go wrong?

PS, bit of a chunts act charging another €9 each for shorter than 175 cranks, and 42t instead of 40. Where's the goodwill? Huh? Huh?

Ivan

Eats Squid
Cheers for that. About $300 plus delivery for all XT. Reckon I might jump in soon, just need to sell some shite. I'm banking on the 11sp chain playing with a direct mount NW ring I've been running on X9 cranks. The absolute black ring I bought the other day was labelled 9/10/11sp, and I've mixed and matched chains before....what could go wrong?

PS, bit of a chunts act charging another €9 each for shorter than 175 cranks, and 42t instead of 40. Where's the goodwill? Huh? Huh?

I have been running XTR and Ultegra 11sp chains on a RaceFace NW ring with no problems. You'll be right.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Installed the new XT a few weeks ago, quite happy with it all in all, having the extra cog smooths of the ratio quite nicely.

Having some issues with the the chain falling off the big cog when back pedalling, if if do 2+ revolutions the chain will fall all the the off the 11t and jam into the frame.

Took a spacer out which made the chainline a little better, the chain will still fallout the 42t, but not nearly as bad. But, now under power the crank will hit the stays, poop.

So I'll have to put the 2.5mm spacer back in to the bottom bracket to space the cranks out, but now chainline is going back to really shit, rather than just put up with it shit.

Had a googles, does anyone make a direct mount chainring with offset to space the chainlin further inwards? It if was a standard 104BCD i'd just throw some spacers in, not sure spacing a direct mount out would work.

This didn't happen on 10spd with a OneUp 42t, the gearing limits are correct and the shifting is snappy and fine.

Not back pedalling isn't an option on some climbs, as I need to clear cranks/pedals as the frame it low.

Edit: oops, cranks are racafeace cinch, as far as I can tell, sram rings with 6mm offset aren't compatable with racefaces direct mount cranks.

RB cranks.jpg

RB chain.jpg

Last edited: