Snowboarding vs Skiing!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tubeless, surfs & wakeboards & snowboards. I don't like skating but can respect the fact that a lot of tricks (especially in regards to snowboarding) were born from it.

Skiers at day3 (learning) look like skiers at day3000 unless they're professionals and then they look cool. Same as roadies?
Boarders at day3 look useless but will develop a lot more, looking better at a lesser level then professional. Like Mtn bikers?
Skiing has a lot more technical elements to it than boarding. Skiers can't just strap on and plow with the same laziness and ease boarders can. Boarding is still a lot cooler and i will hopefully never strap on skies.

Back on topic skiing is for people who can't snowboard, just like roadies can't handle mtb. Trololol.
Are you saying there will soon be a "29er" of the ski world?

dunndog

Eats Squid
It's December. Stop being sad that you think you're awesome and then you get your arse handed to you by some 70 year old slicing it up on his 230mm wooden skis, wearing his neoprene flared waist pants and a cheesy grin.
but that's cool, cos you only wanna look cool when you're sitting 4 abreast at the bottom of the roll out on the chairlift strapping your feet back in whilst scoping the next gnarly back country blue run laden with features you will slide (as opposed to carve) past. :pop2:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's December. Stop being sad that you think you're awesome and then you get your arse handed to you by some 70 year old slicing it up on his 230mm wooden skis, wearing his neoprene flared waist pants and a cheesy grin.
but that's cool, cos you only wanna look cool when you're sitting 4 abreast at the bottom of the roll out on the chairlift strapping your feet back in whilst scoping the next gnarly back country blue run laden with features you will slide (as opposed to carve) past. :pop2:
nah man! I'm too busy in the lounge. I only ride on blue bird days after 1m of fresh pow. Even then I'm done by lunch time because I demand only the best of conditions.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
old thread... oh well

My wife is a very good skier and ice skater, ‘tis her northern european heritage. I skied for years but basically suck… but because I surfed, skateboarded and later on Ripstiked, when I hopped on a snowboard, I suddenly didn’t suck any more. I LOVE snowboarding and it is probably my favourite sport… but it costs the earth and only happens in Oz for a moment, so when we discovered mountain biking… we made a decision to forego skiing and boarding, and just focus on mountain bike. But I sure do miss snow boarding.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
old thread... oh well

My wife is a very good skier and ice skater, ‘tis her northern european heritage. I skied for years but basically suck… but because I surfed, skateboarded and later on Ripstiked, when I hopped on a snowboard, I suddenly didn’t suck any more. I LOVE snowboarding and it is probably my favourite sport… but it costs the earth and only happens in Oz for a moment, so when we discovered mountain biking… we made a decision to forego skiing and boarding, and just focus on mountain bike. But I sure do miss snow boarding.
Japan = problem solved.

As18258

Squid
skiing for the go

I find that skiing is a lot easier than snowboarding snowboarding when your a beginner just consists of falling on your bum.

Ideate

I use to think Skiing was for shit cunts. But it's not so bad.. especially in the off season.

[video=youtube;FMqADdsVmwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMqADdsVmwQ[/video]

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
snowboarding feels to right for me. after surfing for years and skateboarding for years snowboarding felt right......now if there were some form on Snow MTB........ yeah...........
10 years on and Caine is in luck. Time to bust out the fat bike.

I find that skiing is a lot easier than snowboarding snowboarding when your a beginner just consists of falling on your bum.
Have done both. I think skiing is easier to start with but much more difficult to get good at, whereas snowboarding is difficult to begin with but easier to get good at.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think you took your eye off the forecasts..
I've never looked before...not about to start now. A few years ago I arrived in a massive down pour. Ice bergs floating down the street kind of stuff. Woke up the next day and it snowed for 10 days straight. That was the best month of snowboarding I have ever had. More recently there was a 15 degree day right in the middle of my trip. It was bizarre! Snow disappearing at a rapid rate. That was the only time I saw blue sky that month. Ill take my chances.