$pecialized Enduro 6fattie

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Daaamn Daniel!
I have to create a post on vitalmtb for my sht works bahaha I want to get on ballerbikes insta lol

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Considering the tyre logos are backwards, and you can't run a dropper cable up the non-existent seat tube... it's a good photoshop at best.

It's all based off specialized lodging a patent for that frame design, which was pretty much confirmed as being the alloy demo.

I'll bet my shitty non-sworks Enduro that the new one will be pretty similar to the current.

Z

Zaf

I'll bet my shitty non-sworks Enduro that the new one will be pretty similar to the current.
Dude, does your bike know you feel that way about it? :D

There's a certain logic to moving the Enduro into a gravity category of bike and having its design ethic match that of the Demo (ala Sanction and Fury), especially given the new Stumpy is essentially a revision of the current Enduro geometry and the Camber and Stumpy fill that trail category amazingly well.

And since they've got the alloy building techniquew for this asymmetric design sussed, there's further credence to using that platform in a full tiered re-release of the Enduro.

I guess we'll only know when the official word comes out. But interesting all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
There's a certain logic to moving the Enduro into a gravity category of bike and having its design ethic match that of the Demo (ala Sanction and Fury), especially given the new Stumpy is essentially a revision of the current Enduro geometry and the Camber and Stumpy fill that trail category amazingly well.
Yep, given how capable and fun to ride the 2016 stumpy and camber are, I can only see the Enduro getting longer/slacker/more travel and morphing into a mini DH rig to differentiate it more, probably making it a far less relevant bike for most punters (they will no doubt sell tons of them though).

We might see the SWAT box treatment on the Enduro as well I reckon.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I could only see the 27.5 getting a 170mm fork, (Lyrik?) there is nothing over 160mm for 29" as it is. (Would also line up with the 27.5 stumpy having 10mm more travel than the 29.

I'm placing my money on subtle changes. If it ain't broke...

Lower BB, slacker, longer reach. Will still keep the X-wing shape, Swat box and metric shock with trunion mount/linkage as gravesy and Keene currently have on their enduro's. Ohlins fork and 1x12 sram eagle might make an appearance as well...

I love the demo frame, but it won't work simply because you can't fit a dropper post in the short seat post, let alone no room for the internally routed cable.

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
I can't see there is anyway Specialized would make the new Enduro without the Swat box and at least one bottle cage mount.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I can't see there is anyway Specialized would make the new Enduro without the Swat box and at least one bottle cage mount.
that's my thoughts too.

not to mention, Graves and Keene have been riding around on the new Super Deluxe with a VERY refined looking mount... quite possible the new frame will share a very similar rear end to the current one with metric shocks.
the photos i've seen of vivid airs on their enduro's looked like a random machined piece has been used to adapt it to the yoke mount.

Sanders.

Likes Dirt
Now for the pièce de résistance.. Shiny new Monarch Plus. Already torn off the white decals and applied the gloss over matte black I've had sitting around since I bought my fork decals.
Where'd you locate a Monarch Plus for the Enduro? I want one, but can't seem to find where to buy with the special mount thing.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Where'd you locate a Monarch Plus for the Enduro? I want one, but can't seem to find where to buy with the special mount thing.
Through my LBS. There has been a delay though, took about 2 months.

There is an Ohlins STX22 for sale on here for about what a new monarch cost me though... I'd look at that if I were you!

Z

Zaf

What Lacing pattern did you use? Is it just me or do they look odd? like there's not as much crossing on the pattern?