NSW rollercoaster series 2016

haltz

Likes Dirt
That's them. Hoping to talk Martin out of that third one for the good of the 'gravity' side of things haha stage could be won on a 29er hardtail. Have another 2:30 descent out there he could run just a matter of showing it to him. That short one can be made a bit longer too so if I get a chance to ride with Martin out there they might be a little bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The third one is shit. Just saying.

I might give killi a miss and just go to kempsey

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
That's them. Hoping to talk Martin out of that third one for the good of the 'gravity' side of things haha stage could be won on a 29er hardtail. Have another 2:30 descent out there he could run just a matter of showing it to him. That short one can be made a bit longer too so if I get a chance to ride with Martin out there they might be a little bit different.
I haven't decided on any trails at all so far. Happy to look at different ones. Ideally I'd like to have 4 in total as they will all be relatively short. If you have maps for me I will look at them all.

Off to Schladming/Austria today to ride mountains until my knees explode :)

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Slightly off topic but will you be at Leogang on the weekend or heading past Zeltweg any time over the next few weeks, I'm here currently and it would be good to catch up for a ride and a beer.
Michael.

trailburner

Slightly off topic but will you be at Leogang on the weekend or heading past Zeltweg any time over the next few weeks, I'm here currently and it would be good to catch up for a ride and a beer.
Michael.
Still in Schladming and heading to J's parents now who live in the SouthEast corner. We're flying back Friday. Looks like we will just miss each other. Hopefully Leogang was a blast!

trailburner

Fox Rollercoaster ‪#‎Superflow‬ hydrated by Camelbak Round 4 Track Report: despite all the rain in recent weeks the Killingworth trails are in pretty good shape. We will use slight variations of the 3 trails we had on offer last year. This includes the Fox trail which in my opinion is the ultimate #Superflow trail: easy if you go slow and it gets progressively harder the faster you go. There is a new chicane too: auto-slalom towards the end. The only problem with the venue is the road coming in. The orange van made it in ok but it has a lot of ground clearance. We will set up a secondary carpark about 1km from the event centre for regular cars. 4WDs and cars with extra clearance won't have a problem going all the way to the event centre.

The pedally trail will be a bit shorter and I might make the second one coming down the hill a bit longer.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Fox Rollercoaster ‪#‎Superflow‬ hydrated by Camelbak Round 4 Track Report: despite all the rain in recent weeks the Killingworth trails are in pretty good shape. We will use slight variations of the 3 trails we had on offer last year. This includes the Fox trail which in my opinion is the ultimate #Superflow trail: easy if you go slow and it gets progressively harder the faster you go. There is a new chicane too: auto-slalom towards the end. The only problem with the venue is the road coming in. The orange van made it in ok but it has a lot of ground clearance. We will set up a secondary carpark about 1km from the event centre for regular cars. 4WDs and cars with extra clearance won't have a problem going all the way to the event centre.

The pedally trail will be a bit shorter and I might make the second one coming down the hill a bit longer.
Heading out Sunday if anyone hasn't been out before and wants to see where Martins talking about

trailburner

Fox Rollercoaster weather and track update: Forecast for the weekend is great but we do expect some rain in the next 2 days. To make sure we have the best trails we have added another trail on the Enduro hill on the right when you drive in and we won't be using the XC trail for the race. That hill drains like nothing else. We are also working on getting a grader in to make the road accessible for all cars all the way to the event centre.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fox Rollercoaster weather and track update: Forecast for the weekend is great but we do expect some rain in the next 2 days. To make sure we have the best trails we have added another trail on the Enduro hill on the right when you drive in and we won't be using the XC trail for the race. That hill drains like nothing else. We are also working on getting a grader in to make the road accessible for all cars all the way to the event centre.
OK I'm in :biggrin1:

madstace

Likes Dirt
Any updates on current conditions out there?

haltz

Likes Dirt
Any updates on current conditions out there?
Tracks pretty soggy but not really a slippery mud out there only in a few spots. Still pretty steady rain here for now but meant to clear up tonight and only a shower or 2 forecast tomorrow/Sunday

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Tracks pretty soggy but not really a slippery mud out there only in a few spots. Still pretty steady rain here for now but meant to clear up tonight and only a shower or 2 forecast tomorrow/Sunday
So it's prime!

madstace

Likes Dirt

Cheers haltz!

trailburner

The road in to the Killingworth event centre is quite slippery after all the rain. If you don't have an AWD or 4WD car you might be better off to park on the bitumen road and ride in. The worst part of the road is in the first 300m after that it gets better. When you get to the big puddle stay either far left or far right. It's quite shallow on the left. Don't go through the middle! The trails however are in mint condition. They were quite wet this morning but dried up quickly. Lots of riders with lots of smiles were riding today.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
The road in to the Killingworth event centre is quite slippery after all the rain. If you don't have an AWD or 4WD car you might be better off to park on the bitumen road and ride in. The worst part of the road is in the first 300m after that it gets better. When you get to the big puddle stay either far left or far right. It's quite shallow on the left. Don't go through the middle! The trails however are in mint condition. They were quite wet this morning but dried up quickly. Lots of riders with lots of smiles were riding today.
Martin is there still entires available? i missed the rego window today.