SRAM Guide RS Brakes - Lever slow to return

link1896

Mr Greenfield
link,is the rebuild with your piston and seal or after market bits and pieces?
My piston and my seal. Should have a carpark ride on them later this week, looks promising, but extensive testing is required.

We need to have a roll call here to see who's even vaguely interested so I can see if it's worth working on a run of parts.

So far only R and RS parts.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Count me in too link, can't see a downside to this - assuming some decent testing reveals equal levels of performance (without the sticking obviously).

It's not like we have to bastardise our levers such that we can't return to OEM parts if it all turns to custard.

How did you sort out the two internal seals?

kingjw2001

Cannon Fodder
Plus 1 for rsc. If this is the reason my brakes stay on a little in ling rides. Currently have a heat lamp on my levre to see if I get expansion.
Great thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Count me in too link, can't see a downside to this - assuming some decent testing reveals equal levels of performance (without the sticking obviously).

It's not like we have to bastardise our levers such that we can't return to OEM parts if it all turns to custard.

How did you sort out the two internal seals?
Picked off the seals from the plastic piston with tooth pics. Prick of a job but doable. Then put one on backwards, bugger.

Not sure I need to worry about quad rings ATM.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Carpark ride going so well, rebuilt brake will come along for a night ride tonight

Using red rubber grease for lube.

BK has sorted the RCS plastic piston donor issue after the BARGAIN of the century in the trading section. Masters hardware could use a lesson regarding how to liquidate like this.

SaabG

Likes Dirt
IMG_3878.JPG

I pulled this from a set of Rs guides I just purchased and fixed. It doesn't look like either of the ones you have. What's the g o ?

Last edited: