Bright - Hero trail

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I've just spent the day riding the new trail at Bright; Hero...

http://flowmountainbike.com/post-all/new-mtb-flow-trail-for-bright/

This trail is freaking awesome fun. The start has a bunch of good sized kickers with an A & B line, and so many twisting turning berms it blew my mind. While I can't compare it to Flowtown or anything apart from the Youies, this track makes me giggle and is therefore unreal;)

EDIT: The clip below is not me: it is of a friend of a friend's cousin's brother's neighbor.
https://youtu.be/z6yfsZy0eh8

Last edited:

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
I'm heading down for a holiday there in April. Can't friggin wait now!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
That looks awesome Mike. Are the jumps doable for mere mortal weekend warriors? How do they compare to say - the final jump on Cressy?

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Nice stuff. Looks great.

Did you pedal back up or shuttle?

What's either option like?
I rode up the first time, which I really enjoyed, it isn't too crazy, though we then shuttled the remaining runs in my mates hilux...

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
That looks awesome Mike. Are the jumps doable for mere mortal weekend warriors? How do they compare to say - the final jump on Cressy?
I find the final jump on Cressy has a really tight transition. These (Hero B line) are poppy though have a more relaxed transition (if that makes sense) and while they scare me I felt pretty comfortable on the smaller ones after a few runs. While it felt super awesome getting "big" air, I'm sure my "big" air was maybe 10-15cm's;)

My favorite hits were the hip/crossover kickers that were so much fun...

Last edited:

padams10003

Likes Dirt
How's the trail holding up?

I was there for the opening day and by the end of the day it was pretty dusty with a couple of brake bumps starting. There were about 100 riders or more there on that day though.

Logic

Likes Dirt
I can agree that the hero trail is absolutely awesome, although unless you are a god you will have a tough time climbing all the way up mystic mountain more than once :/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I can agree that the hero trail is absolutely awesome, although unless you are a god you will have a tough time climbing all the way up mystic mountain more than once :/

Hero doesn't start at the top (about 2/3rds of the way up) so the pedal up wouldn't be too bad unless there's lots of people shuttling it and raising dust. Apparently they're making a proper climb track, that will be a much better option.

I climbed all the way to the top 3 times last year and it was doable on a 160mm bike, although a bit exhausting as Mystic and World Cup are quite demanding trails on the way down.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
That looks awesome. I am going to Falls next august for skiing....... actually bummed to be skiing and not riding. Maybe I should take my bike and break the week up a bit. Would bright and beauty be rideable in middle of winter?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
That looks awesome. I am going to Falls next august for skiing....... actually bummed to be skiing and not riding. Maybe I should take my bike and break the week up a bit. Would bright and beauty be rideable in middle of winter?
I've been to Blue Dirt ride days at both of those locations during winter. You just need to make sure there hasn't been excessive rain before you plan to ride as the combination of steep trails and lots of water isn't the best... Having said that Beauty holds up really well apart from the bog that happens in the last 300m. I'm sure Hero trail would be fine in the wet.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Absolutely! Probably primo hero dirt conditions.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.

Wont be a problem on my fat tyred e bike, zzzzzp.

Camdyson

Likes Bikes
Love this run - think it's about 40 jumps top to bottom. Majority are doubles, and takeoffs have some kick on a few, so best to either roll them or hit it hard. In between and you'll end up over the front or planting into the second ones.

Bit of speed and it's a hoot on a 6" dually (can't comment on A lines!.....)

Please take it easy shuttling up/down the hill - we spend a lot keeping the road graded, plus there's a couple of narrow/blind corners.

Happy New Year all,

Cam

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
SNIP...

Please take it easy shuttling up/down the hill - we spend a lot keeping the road graded, plus there's a couple of narrow/blind corners.

Happy New Year all,

Cam
We rode up (before I tore my shin to bits) and stayed far away from the road. I can't remember what trails exactly though from memory it included Caro's and DJ's. I have to say DJ's was absolutely brilliant: lots of really smooth bermed corners made the uphill fun;)

moman

Likes Dirt
In some ways I am not surprised. I was there on the weekend and was amazed at the amount of traffic on the trail. Everything from DH bikes to Kmart specials. Bright was packed so no wonder there was an increase in trail traffic. I'm guessing a lot of people who brought their mountain bikes to ride the rail trails heard how good the Hero Trail was and decided to have a go.

The trail is fast and hard packed and you could easily get out of your depth pretty quickly if you were inexperienced. Easy shuttle access made it too easy for anyone to ride it - very few people were earning there turns (me included :)

It really is a great trail though so I hope they sort this out.