Bright - Hero trail

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a chance the Hero trail may open tomorrow afternoon. The land manager is working hard to get more signage in place to appease the land owner amd hopefully reduce the amount of rider injuries. Although there haven't been many compared to the amount of laps the trail has seen- less is always better. It seems a few jumps will have trajectory changes as well. Nothing major, and probably for the better. Should help the trail flow better.
All in all just teething issues i would say, and realistically this should almost be expected with a trail as rad as this on private land that is free for the public to use.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

This is great news!

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Just got an email from Blue Dirt that shuttles will indeed be running this weekend. Getting keen! Was a little bummed I might have missed out on the Hero trail haha

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Hero trail will be opened tomorrow morning. There will be one section bunted off. Please respect this measure as it has been done so by the land manager. I think the local club may even be hosting a sausage sizzle at the bottom of hero!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
If someone puts me in touch I will be happy to make some vivid laser engraved red white signs at cost for the trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Rode Hero today. Great fun until one of our ridebros went down after his front wheel blew out, and snapped his collarbone in half.

Kinda spooked the rest of us and we called it a day, haha.

Beej1

Watching that video in the first post reminded me a little of riding at Whistler. Steep. Groomed. Fast.

Perhaps folk just aren't used to something so technically difficult being so accessible here in Australia yet? Or maybe the marketing is targeting the wrong crowd?

Over 4 days of riding the Whizz with thousands of riders I didn't see or hear of a single bad fall, or hear one ambo (perhaps the local quacks are well equipped) ... except my wife who ate dirt and shed blood on B-Line. But she rode next day no probs.

Can't wait to get up to Bright soon.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Vid from our third run on Hero on Saturday.
Good fun despite the heat, fatigue from riding at Falls the previous day, and our ridebro's accident.

[video=youtube;Ik841zCi05k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik841zCi05k[/video]

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Good fun despite the heat, fatigue from riding at Falls the previous day, and our ridebro's accident.
What, no shitty flute soundtrack to cover up how much he wind you were sucking?

At about 5:40 was the another pranged rider, getting the "how many fingers" routine?

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

dunndog

Eats Squid
Nice one Ezkaton. Such a good trail. My mate broke his chain on the very top section (with a good slam to boot) and doing 2 more runs chainless made very little difference, a testament to the amazing fall and flow of that trail.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
What, no shitty flute soundtrack to cover up how much he wind you were sucking?

At about 5:40 was the another pranged rider, getting the "how many fingers" routine?

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt
When have I ever put flute over a bike vid? :llama: I'm not ashamed of being an unfit bastard, so all good... haha!
Not too sure what the deal with that other dude was... I only caught a glimpse as I went by.

Nice one Ezkaton. Such a good trail. My mate broke his chain on the very top section (with a good slam to boot) and doing 2 more runs chainless made very little difference, a testament to the amazing fall and flow of that trail.
Nice! I found two main spots where I needed a few pedals, but that's also me not really knowing the trail all that well and not keeping adequate pace, or pumping all the rollers/jumping them beforehand.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
When have I ever put flute over a bike vid? :llama: I'm not ashamed of being an unfit bastard, so all good... haha!
Not too sure what the deal with that other dude was... I only caught a glimpse as I went by.

Nice! I found two main spots where I needed a few pedals, but that's also me not really knowing the trail all that well and not keeping adequate pace, or pumping all the rollers/jumping them beforehand.
I kinda liked your breathing at 300% on Flow Town. Had a good rhythm going.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

[video=youtube;Ik841zCi05k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik841zCi05k[/video]
Looks like real good fun.

orco

Likes Bikes
another ambo chopper call out to hero yesterday.

wont do it any favors.

i also heard logging to begin around mystic dh and all mtn in the next 2-3 years so not sure what the future holds. such a shame as I think bright is AWESOME

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
another ambo chopper call out to hero yesterday.

wont do it any favors.

i also heard logging to begin around mystic dh and all mtn in the next 2-3 years so not sure what the future holds. such a shame as I think bright is AWESOME
I hope the rider has pulled through ok! Does anyone know what happened? As for Mystic DH being logged it has been on the chopping block for a few years now. Each segment of Mystic has a timeline and the trees are harvested every 25 - 28 years. The logging company does do its best to keep trail damage to a minimum but such is life when the trails are built on private land.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Looking at finally getting to ride hero on Thursday but shuttles may not happen so what is the best route to ride/push up to the start of the trail?