2017 world cup discussion

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The word on the street is all that secret testing of 29ers will be a real thing pretty quickly with a couple of teams supposed to be rocking up to round 1 with an extra length in their spokes. Interesting times ahead folks!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my guess is Trek and Mondraker will be rocking 29ers for the first round, and maybe Santa Cruz.
Haven't heard any rumours but I couldn't imagine Specialized being without a 29er for the start of the season either.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Looks like 2017 will be full of new developments in DH.
It is looking that way isn't it? The riders have pushed themselves to that next level of fast now and they are almost riding beyond the gear they are on. It's all progress and I won't care one ounce of shit if 29ers make the show faster and better for us to watch. That doesn't mean I'll buy one though.

So, I guess it's time to pick your top three for Lourdes! I'll go:
Gwin (he's going to have a big battle with Bruni and Hart this year)
Bruni (He's going to need to stay healthy to be anywhere near a good result)
Hart (He's got momentum and the other guys will be catching him).

jbg

Likes Dirt
Yep, narrower bars and bigger wheels.

Aaron
Greg
Mick

Rachel
Trace
Miranda

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
In no particular order, within a second.

Troy
Aaron
Loic

Rach will dominate with the usual suspects padding out the top 5.

I'm away camping this weekend so I'll miss it :(

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Isn't it next weekend? 29-30th
Yep. You've gotta get your picks in before the boys start putting times down though! No harm in being a little bit excited, even if it's a week too soon. ;)

I think I may have overlooked Troy this season, he may come out with some new fire and be one to watch for another win.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hart
Loic (with a crash)
Gwinn
29er power being the game changer.

Vergier and Neko as my Dark Horse picks even without 29"

My bank needs it never to rain this season so Gwinn actually uses his Onza tires, and smashes everything within 0.5psi of its life. Otherwise we need Neko to beat Gwinn every wet round :) as he will actually run his sponsors tires even if he didn't design them. FFS.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Now that we know 29ers are a real thing on the world cup scene, I reckon it may just fizzle into nothing and no one will care or compliment it's performance. What I think will be the most interesting part is to see whether other manufacturers jump at it and only make 29ers for their team riders or mass produce etc etc.
I'm more interested in what action we'll get from the rowdy Lourdes track. ;)