The gaming thread

indica

Serial flasher
Consoles are great, until you play on a decent PC at >100hz refresh rate and/or nvidia surround.

Borderlands?

I like the PS4. And the surround sounds great.

Just got Sniper Elite 4 (plays in 3d) and Wildlands.

Fun time.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Anyone know if there'll be any more DLC for Forza 6?? I know there's been plenty for Horizon, but i still play the shit out of 6 and wouldn't mind some love!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Anyone Destinying still on the 360?

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
downloaded the new dlc yesterday (on Xbox1)...:whoo:
hopefully with Destiny 2 we'll be able to play across all platforms.....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
D2 should be worth some time. I like Destiny overall but it is a bit repetitive

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Smashing my way through Dark Souls 3 again... the new DLC just came out, which is apparently amazing.

Only I loaded up the game to find all my characters were missing!
So, started fresh on a sorcery build and churning through it pretty quickly.
Easy-peasy!

hakka

Likes Dirt
New case, watercooling system, and a few custom made parts to make it all fit together. Under full load it sits around 37 degrees.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I got a Playstation Virtual Reality set on the weekend, it is amazing. The image projected isn't a glorious high definition but you're so immersed that you don't notice or even care.
Imagine this: You're sitting in a Star Wars X Wing cockpit. You turn you head in any direction and it shows you what you'd see if you were actually in the cockpit. Same goes for a driving game; you are the driver's head and you see in the car, the co driver, the gear stick and you can't press a button to look back, you need to turn around to see behind you! It's unreal and if you are wondering if you should get it, get it purely for the thrill of something so different.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I got a Playstation Virtual Reality set on the weekend, it is amazing. The image projected isn't a glorious high definition but you're so immersed that you don't notice or even care.
Imagine this: You're sitting in a Star Wars X Wing cockpit. You turn you head in any direction and it shows you what you'd see if you were actually in the cockpit. Same goes for a driving game; you are the driver's head and you see in the car, the co driver, the gear stick and you can't press a button to look back, you need to turn around to see behind you! It's unreal and if you are wondering if you should get it, get it purely for the thrill of something so different.
What games are it currently compatible with?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What games are it currently compatible with?
There's a bunch of specific VR games which I'm yet to delve into but I did get it purely for Dirt Rally. I knew of a free add on for Star Wars Battlefront where you fly an X Wing mission and that is amazing, easily the best way to experience the game. The gameplay of Dirt though; WOW! It's so much fun and so...............almost realistic.
There's a heap of future titles scheduled for VR function and I'm so excited, it'll be so good to play a free roaming kind of game with the thing wrapped around your head.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There's a bunch of specific VR games which I'm yet to delve into but I did get it purely for Dirt Rally. I knew of a free add on for Star Wars Battlefront where you fly an X Wing mission and that is amazing, easily the best way to experience the game. The gameplay of Dirt though; WOW! It's so much fun and so...............almost realistic.
Does look epic. I can't say much impresses me anymore but the whole VR thing when perfected will be pretty special. A whole new range of social problems are about to emerge even without the pr0n industry getting into the act.
Kudos to Sony for running with it now since we have always heard about it and that is is almost here .... but still not as widespread as you think it would be.

Say goodbye to Dozer since I think he's going to vanish off into a virtual world while the family look on part envious and part angry at the same time. Will pop his head up next power failure. Enjoy .........

[video=youtube;RyAqqIW9OqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyAqqIW9OqM[/video]

A neural implant will be the upgrade path.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hahaha, a man has to eat! I have to get off the thing for that at least! ;)

I have a strange sense of feeling that developers are really holding back on the VR thing, not sure why but VR could well be the absolute future of how we play.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Liking the look of Dirt 4.
Steering wheel would be the go... anyone with suggestions....
Oh my, it will be good! I've been using a Thrustmaster T300RS since it came out. It is bloody brilliant and easily the best wheel I've had. The feedback is unreal, it's comfortable, the buttons are in the right spot and it's very responsive to changes you make to make it feel better.
I'm about halfway through the campaign in Ghost Recon, it's a damn fine game.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just took delivery of a PS4 today...I know I'm a bit late to the party but my console purchases are strategic as not to get the other half offside!

Managed to get a PS4 1TB with 2 x controllers and a game (don't even know what game!) for $399...less $100 voucher I had from xmas makes it $299!

I've still been mucking about on the PS3 with F1 2014 and GT6...what's the hotness with PS4 games? F1 2016 ok? GT7 coming out soon?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just took delivery of a PS4 today...I know I'm a bit late to the party but my console purchases are strategic as not to get the other half offside!
Nice work, I pinned my PS4 onto my mobile phone plan for $5 per month which may nor may be paid under my expenses.

what's the hotness with PS4 games? F1 2016 ok? GT7 coming out soon?
Doom is a bunch of fun. I haven't invested in PS4 games yet since I still have a 360 backlong and not enough time to conquer them. I will get the Last of Us and Destiny 2.

indica

Serial flasher
.what's the hotness with PS4 games? F1 2016 ok? GT7 coming out soon?
Heaps of great games, especially if you have not delved into them yet.
Highlights for me...

Dying Light - first person zombie parkour madness.
Metal Gear Solid 5 - third person stealth shooter.

Currently playing Ghost Recon - third person shooter
Horizon Zero Dawn - amazing looking third person mechanical dinosaur fantasy game.