Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
Public service sheltered workshop kids whinging about "workloads" in the public service...

Ffs, it's a cushy and well paid gig. And more to the point you're paid to do it so shut the fuck up about the one time you had to do a 50 hour week (including of course the usual Facebook Pokemon time allocation...).

Fucking children... I shouldn't have to deal with sulking teenagers at work.

Sigh. I feel better now :)
Or in your case the rotorburn LTIH thread time allocation!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Public service sheltered workshop kids whinging about "workloads" in the public service...

Ffs, it's a cushy and well paid gig. And more to the point you're paid to do it so shut the fuck up about the one time you had to do a 50 hour week (including of course the usual Facebook Pokemon time allocation...).

Fucking children... I shouldn't have to deal with sulking teenagers at work.

Sigh. I feel better now :)
Jesus dude, don't come to the ANU then as it's not even kids complaining like that, it's the damned adults!!

Gol darn slacademics......

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
People with the prefix Dr. In their title, who've not been to medical school, and probably haven't been in a lab since their undergraduate years.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Lol, surely you've got doctorates in your field too, right?

I intend on doing a PHD one day and if I earn it I'll sure as fuck use it and I'm as far away from medicine and labs as possible!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had my title upgraded to some obscure old school thing that I picked randomly with a few agencies a while back. It gave me a chuckle.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Or in your case the rotorburn LTIH thread time allocation!
Damn straight!! I didnt come to the public service to work my arse off all day...

I don't however forget how good it really is and fail to appreciate the interesting and fairly well paid things I get to do in a pretty relaxed fashion.

Way too many people around here come in through the grad program and think this is normal....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Damn straight!! I didnt come to the public service to work my arse off all day...

I don't however forget how good it really is and fail to appreciate the interesting and fairly well paid things I get to do in a pretty relaxed fashion.

Way too many people around here come in through the grad program and think this is normal....
I picked up a PhD in Japan. Back streets of Shinjuku. Asking price one hunred dolla. Negotiated down to five hunred en.

Pretty colours. Underwater basket weaving wasn't my first choice but who cares.

Dr Dales.

bardynt

Back in his day.....

lol well could say the same thing about primary school teachers. I worked with a few schools lately and the teachers were barely working.

I know its not easy job but as soon as the last bell goes for the end of the school , i found 90% of the teachers were gone, i always hear they complain dont have enough time but finish about 2 hours earlier than everyone else, so they have 10 hours extra after the bell goes each week to catch up on work and also have free periods during the day to do work. One of the teachers i worked with had a whole free day with no students to catch up on work.

I think if teachers spent less time running straight home after the bell goes and actually stayed and did the work they wouldnt have mark shit on the weekend. I wish i had a 8am -3pm work day ,dont forget there lunch and recess and assembly and also alot have free period as well.

Im not sure if they live in the real world most other people work 8-5 and dont have 10 weeks holiday a year and also dont get pupil free days to catch up on shit

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
lol well could say the same thing about primary school teachers. I worked with a few schools lately and the teachers were barely working.

I know its not easy job but as soon as the last bell goes for the end of the school , i found 90% of the teachers were gone, i always hear they complain dont have enough time but finish about 2 hours earlier than everyone else, so they have 10 hours extra after the bell goes each week to catch up on work and also have free periods during the day to do work. One of the teachers i worked with had a whole free day with no students to catch up on work.

I think if teachers spent less time running straight home after the bell goes and actually stayed and did the work they wouldnt have mark shit on the weekend. I wish i had a 8am -3pm work day ,dont forget there lunch and recess and assembly and also alot have free period as well.

Im not sure if they live in the real world most other people work 8-5 and dont have 10 weeks holiday a year and also dont get pupil free days to catch up on shit
My wife is a Primary teacher, teaching prep. Leaves at 8, rarely home by 6 and the school is 10 minutes away. She has to do yard duty at recess and lunch more often then not. Personal development after school one night every week, with a staff meeting another night every two weeks. She would have a pupil free day once a term at most and report writing twice a year, which is done in personal time, takes at least 30 to 40 hours conservatively. Add in parent teacher interviews etc, and she's putting in well over 50 hours a week.

All that for what amounts to a modest salary. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Mica

Likes Dirt
My wife is a Primary Teacher .....
I too share your pain. Pretty thankless task for them, though now holidays are on yet again I'm not feeling so sympathetic. Kind of sucks when her and the kids are on holidays and I'm heading off to work.

stirk

Burner
My wife is a Primary teacher, teaching prep. Leaves at 8, rarely home by 6 and the school is 10 minutes away. She has to do yard duty at recess and lunch more often then not. Personal development after school one night every week, with a staff meeting another night every two weeks. She would have a pupil free day once a term at most and report writing twice a year, which is done in personal time, takes at least 30 to 40 hours conservatively. Add in parent teacher interviews etc, and she's putting in well over 50 hours a week.

All that for what amounts to a modest salary. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about.
I have a friend who teaches and your summary is correct. bardynt is getting his info off the back of his eyelids.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I picked up a PhD in Japan. Back streets of Shinjuku. Asking price one hunred dolla. Negotiated down to five hunred en.

Pretty colours. Underwater basket weaving wasn't my first choice but who cares.

Dr Dales.
Those Nigerian professors run some great courses.

Kick that hornets nest!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Kick that hornets nest!
Oh yeah......should I show my wife?
I won't even bother to put down the hours, nightmare parents and the passion she has for her job.
Teaching 31 grade 5/6 kids would be the last thing I would want to do...and they're actually a great class!
Boomking hit the nail on the head

mtb1611

Seymour

I'm the principal of a large primary school in South Western Sydney. 980 students, 97% of whom are from non English speaking backgrounds, 110 staff. Feel free to drop me a line and I'll gladly arrange for you to spend a day with one of our staff so as to provide an opportunity for you to test the validity of your assertions ; in the interests of objectivity I'll even refrain from showing them your post - if there's a murder onsite the paperwork might involve me working beyond 3:00pm and we can't have that now, can we....

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Not having crack.. just pointing out some of current teacher entitlements for vic gov;

4 weeks A/L
No requirment to be at school during student vacation 12 weeks
All Public holidays
4 student free pupil days
Time off in leiu for parent teacher interviews
7 hour work day
2 hours of meeting per week

Seems like a fair trade for the longer hours/weeks teachers work when students are in..
Correct me if the above isn't factual..
Have a few friends that are teachers, they say it's hard/lowish pay but the entitlements make up for it.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not having crack.. just pointing out some of current teacher entitlements for vic gov;

4 weeks A/L
No requirment to be at school during student vacation 12 weeks
All Public holidays
4 student free pupil days
Time off in leiu for parent teacher interviews
7 hour work day
2 hours of meeting per week

Seems like a fair trade for the longer hours/weeks teachers work when students are in..
Correct me if the above isn't factual..
Have a few friends that are teachers, they say it's hard/lowish pay but the entitlements make up for it.
Point out entitlements all you like but they don't translate to the real world workplace.

Also, the majority have to re-apply for their job every year. Would you like that sort security?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Point out entitlements all you like but they don't translate to the real world workplace.

Also, the majority have to re-apply for their job every year. Would you like that sort security?
Yeah been through that a few times in the past, wife twice in 2 years and in the middle of it again atm. Seems to be a trend across a lot of sectors to re-structure yearly. I work for myself now, I have zero job security (and no super/entitlements), I am well aware of how it feels.

I'm not having a crack re entitlements I think works out roughly square over time. I formed that view listening to my teacher friends not by making assumptions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Sadly that is the case for many people. Workers should unite or something something and pursue a better deal.

I currently work casual, so I'm applying for my job every shift...