The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

EMF

Eats Squid
Dual eliminator

I have one of those z1 forks on my old hardtail, if anyone's interested. Not quite vintage yet though, being a 2003 model Da Bomb Molotov. I think the fork is about the same age: 5" single crown, QR coil fork. Heavy AF but plushest thing I've ever ridden.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Bro you selling the Molotov with fork?

$?

emerthis

Likes Dirt
I'll be happy to sell it together. My wife will be even happier. Let me find pics. How much sounds right?

alrsv1

Likes Bikes
For it's 25th birthday i did a resto on my M2000, found a complete XT groupset, with thumbies AND Sharkfin, useless but cool for some reason.

tojo

Likes Bikes
that M2000 looks in fantastic condition. I have one similar but haven't managed to finish putting it back together.

EMF

Eats Squid
XTC Team NRS

To commemorate the Epic of 2003 riding this thing

Semi-vintage 2003 chassis with Hop up parts to pound through the Fifteen Years if Epic

Good Luck:whistle:
[/URL]

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Glad to see the vintage NRS still getting around. I think the earlier generations were a bit tougher overall.

Keep it maintained and no cliff jumps and you should be good for sometime yet.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I know this is the vintage mountain bike thread, but I have a vintage roadie question.

I'm looking at a Malvern Star Flite to pick up and convert into a single speed (not cool enough for a fixie). The seller has listed it as a 1972 model. It looks pretty modern for that vintage, was this model made in 1972? Were they made in Australia?

eraser215

Cannon Fodder
I know this is the vintage mountain bike thread, but I have a vintage roadie question.

I'm looking at a Malvern Star Flite to pick up and convert into a single speed (not cool enough for a fixie). The seller has listed it as a 1972 model. It looks pretty modern for that vintage, was this model made in 1972? Were they made in Australia?
I am certain the folk on the BNA forums would be able to answer this! I believe there's a whole thread on Malvern Star appreciation with some very knowledgeable people in there.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just in the USA for a holiday and saw a bloke commuting on a Mountain Cycle San Andreas with slicks in San Fran - unfortunately I didn't get a photo!

Also saw a few lower spec old skool MTB's in NYC - the stand out was a mint condition Giant ATX 970 in Central Park, looked brand new!