What are you listening to NOW?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
8 hours on the Hume yesterday in a car with no iphone connection ability, had to resort to JJJ. Fuck me there is a lot of crap on the radio these days. Guess I'm officially old, ranting at the crap the kids listen to these days....

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
8 hours on the Hume yesterday in a car with no iphone connection ability, had to resort to JJJ. Fuck me there is a lot of crap on the radio these days. Guess I'm officially old, ranting at the crap the kids listen to these days....
I stopped listening to JJJ Shit like 7 years ago

Haakon

I stopped listening to JJJ Shit like 7 years ago
It was about 15 years for me... When hip hop was beginning to be played I tapped out. But it was slightly less (ok, a lot less...) shit than the commercial radio, and Radio National (my usual radio fare due to regular interesting stuff) had Easter religious crap on.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It's called getting old and irrelevant fellas. Poodle has nailed it. Every generation upsets the previous. Our great grandparents did it, we did it, our kids are doing it to us.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
It's called getting old and irrelevant fellas. Poodle has nailed it. Every generation upsets the previous. Our great grandparents did it, we did it, our kids are doing it to us.
I'm not upset I just wish that I had a radio station that replayed the soundtrack to my adolescence over and over and over and over...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'm not upset I just wish that I had a radio station that replayed the soundtrack to my adolescence over and over and over and over...

YouTube dude, YouTube. Fm radio is useless, and AM is for haakon.

YouTube red at 14 AUD a month gets you ad free YouTube and google play as well. All the music you could ever need. Downloads to your phone for offline listening if you so desire.

Haakon

I particular like the Philosopher's Zone on RN. Assists in my contemplation of lost youth and the general meaning of life. And why the kids of today are all whiny wankers who haven't a clue what music is.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I particular like the Philosopher's Zone on RN. Assists in my contemplation of lost youth and the general meaning of life. And why the kids of today are all whiny wankers who haven't a clue what music is.
That's just isolated to young people? I could've sworn there's a plague of middle aged and older people with similar symptoms.

But I'm old and I don't like change.
Or do what I did...get an MP3 player and a friend that enjoys ripping all your old cds to MP3 or similar. If you're really lucky one or two of the albums will be cool again soon! Just don't engage any of the trendy people wearing the relevant t-shirts. I've made that mistake enough times! Oh...you just liked the shirt and didn't know they were a band? Ok..

Now off listen to something no younger than 1999!

Haakon

That's just isolated to young people? I could've sworn there's a plague of middle aged and older people with similar symptoms.

Or do what I did...get an MP3 player and a friend that enjoys ripping all your old cds to MP3 or similar. If you're really lucky one or two of the albums will be cool again soon! Just don't engage any of the trendy people wearing the relevant t-shirts. I've made that mistake enough times! Oh...you just liked the shirt and didn't know they were a band? Ok..

Now off listen to something no younger than 1999!
Everyone knows their generation is the only one that gets it.

Yeah I’ve made the old Tshirt mistake too. Had to explain to someone what Nirvana was... :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Everyone knows their generation is the only one that gets it.

Yeah I’ve made the old Tshirt mistake too. Had to explain to someone what Nirvana was... :(
In their defence, nirvana haven't been a thing for a very long. Among my foolishness is excitement for Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd...maiden still do tours as do the balance of Pink Floyd.

Haakon

In their defence, nirvana haven't been a thing for a very long. Among my foolishness is excitement for Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd...maiden still do tours as do the balance of Pink Floyd.
In yet more evidence of my generation being the only cool one, I’d suggest Nirvana was considerably cooler than Iron Maiden and Floyd.

That reminds me, must listen to the dark side of the moon again...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In yet more evidence of my generation being the only cool one, I’d suggest Nirvana was considerably cooler than Iron Maiden and Floyd.

That reminds me, must listen to the dark side of the moon again...
Nah. Nirvana mostly sucked. In that era there was a lot of much better music. Also a direct result of Nirvana is the Foo Fighters. The Foo Fighters are extremely shit and show.good reason why Grohl wasn't allowed to write songs for Nirvana.

Haakon

Nah. Nirvana mostly sucked. In that era there was a lot of much better music. Also a direct result of Nirvana is the Foo Fighters. The Foo Fighters are extremely shit and show.good reason why Grohl wasn't allowed to write songs for Nirvana.
Better doesn’t always mean better...