Confessions from the fuckwits

Jpez

Down on the left!
ED17BC53-04D4-4E5F-BAA9-6AD4CADDDC29.jpeg
So keen to hit the trails I neglected to check how much LPG I had in the tank.
When I realised I looked down and saw 1km left in the tank.
GPS tells me I’m 4.5km away from the nearest servo with LPG.
can’t just rock up to a servo with a jerry can and grab gas!
So anyway I made it into the servo at a very sedate pace praying to Dog that the gauge was out.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It’s pretty embarrasing calling a tow truck cause you ran outta gas.

I’ve had my BT-50 on 0k’s for 5ks findin a servo too. Not as bad being a diesel though.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can definitely be worse with a diesel! The fuel is the cooling and lubricating part of the injection system, running that sucker to empty can on occasion cause pump seals to dry and cost you a pretty penny.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Thought I'd try rescuing some pads with a blowtorch. The backing plate on one cracked and I warped the rest. Oops! Good thing I had a set of IceTechs on another set of brakes lying around.

John U

MTB Precision
That little cock sucker of a nut that holds the cassette in place. Got it a bit skewif and munted the start of the thread. The kids then bowled a basketball into the shed, knocked the wheel, and the new cassette went everywhere. I lost my shit.
Got the cassette back together but thought I’d try and salvage that nut. Screwed the fucker into the wheel to its full depth. Then realised I have no cassette in place to give me purchase to get the fucker off again.
Stilsen saved the day, just.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Finally! Something with fire.
Merrick and Rosso were on Triple J afternoons somewhere around the turn of the century.

They had a segment, "hello australia" for fuckwit confessions

One dude burnt the house down trying to wash his dirty work cloths in the washing machine with petrol.

Best fire story I've ever heard.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 344320 So keen to hit the trails I neglected to check how much LPG I had in the tank.
When I realised I looked down and saw 1km left in the tank.
GPS tells me I’m 4.5km away from the nearest servo with LPG.
can’t just rock up to a servo with a jerry can and grab gas!
So anyway I made it into the servo at a very sedate pace praying to Dog that the gauge was out.
I've driven 45ks on 0kms in an FG (I think?) falcon ute. Lots of easy acceleration and coasting in angle gear.

You'd be surprised how much is still in the tank when the computer tells you you're not going to make it.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I've driven 45ks on 0kms in an FG (I think?) falcon ute. Lots of easy acceleration and coasting in angle gear.

You'd be surprised how much is still in the tank when the computer tells you you're not going to make it.
Or not if you drive a VT Commodore. I've had to roll into a servo in neutral with the range saying 28km.

Those things burnt out fuel pumps when they ran out of fuel, except this one burnt out the electrical connector. Two trips home on a flat top, the tank out twice in the driveway and a visit to the auto-sparky to find that one.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Or not if you drive a VT Commodore. I've had to roll into a servo in neutral with the range saying 28km.
The Astra I'm currently punting around is like that. Ran out of juice with the computer telling me I still had 15km. I was 1km from home, and the servo was 1km the other way, so not too bad.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Yeah when I was a stoner pot head, Wait! I'm still a pot head! I had an old XG panel van (i think) that I used to what seemed regularly roll into servos on 0 ks. Usually the day before payday!
Yes you are right there is usually more in the tank than it shows but running out of LPG gas and getting towed to the servo is not something I want to do now I'm a respectable middle aged pot head.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah when I was a stoner pot head, Wait! I'm still a pot head! I had an old XG panel van (i think) that I used to what seemed regularly roll into servos on 0 ks. Usually the day before payday!
Yes you are right there is usually more in the tank than it shows but running out of LPG gas and getting towed to the servo is not something I want to do now I'm a respectable middle aged pot head.
Reminds me of a mate who had an old Holden panelvan back in the day and it got stuck in reverse. So he used to drive around town in reverse, including into servos. He did shift work, so he got away with doing it for the good part of a year. He is a pot head but not a respectable one.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I bought a car for my daughter today that she is expected to pay for..... I can only assume this will end badly and here anyway.
You didn't give her a knife as well did you...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

safreek

I bought a car for my daughter today that she is expected to pay for..... I can only assume this will end badly and here anyway.
It will, unless you are a stoner, then its all good. Don't let your daughter be a stoner cause it will all come to tears

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Reminds me of a mate who had an old Holden panelvan back in the day and it got stuck in reverse. So he used to drive around town in reverse, including into servos. He did shift work, so he got away with doing it for the good part of a year. He is a pot head but not a respectable one.
This sounds like the pot head from the town I grew up in. He drove around without a windscreen for a few weeks...I think the motivation to change was the inability to run a good Dutch oven rather than the cops issuing a defect.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Fell asleep last night while watching the DH on my phone, around 8 riders left to run.

Seems I may have forgotten to turn the wifi back on when I got home from a long day of riding......

stirk

Burner
Doh! Wifi access on the phone at home is just as awesome as a trip meter in a car, saves running out of the good stuff.

Unless you're a $20 top up from somewhere kind of person, trip meter is useless!