Confessions from the fuckwits

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Nah - doesn't. Phone connected to the cellular network chews the battery as it's constantly upping & downing its own transmission strength to stay connected to the phone towers.

Wifi connection will give longer battery life.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I often turn my WiFi off to get a faster connection via 4G. Both work and home internet connections are a bit crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
You telling me your home wifi is so shit that the phone keeps connecting to the cellular network?
I'm the same, my home connection is rather shit, especially when the kids are home and everyone is chewing through the data, I'll often turn the WiFi off and use cellular data just so I can watch a video without it buffering ever thirty seconds.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
For all those with shit home wifi get this!

https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi

You do not need the three pack, just one will do.

It’s utterly transformed our place, we had older iPads that were virtually unusable, spotty coverage, the lot.

This thing has turned our home into an internet rocket ship. Everything just works, all the time.

Don’t use the shitty wifi on your ISP modem, it will always be crap.

Plus, you can prioritise your own device experience over the kids

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
For all those with shit home wifi get this!

https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi

You do not need the three pack, just one will do.

It’s utterly transformed our place, we had older iPads that were virtually unusable, spotty coverage, the lot.

This thing has turned our home into an internet rocket ship. Everything just works, all the time.

Don’t use the shitty wifi on your ISP modem, it will always be crap.

Plus, you can prioritise your own device experience over the kids
Does 1 do the whole house for you then? Or just 1 large room?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
How do they connect to the network and to the power, is there a base station that plugs into the ISPs modem and then satellite units that connect wireless to the base station?
Ethernet into your ISP modem, so hopefully your modem is in a decent location. That’s how my one Google wifi connects. It also needs power (won’t do power over Ethernet).

If not, there could be a case for buying the three pack. The other two talk to the main one via wifi & self-organise all the devices automatically.

Seriously, it is an amazing product.

Buy one from JB Hifi & return it if it doesn’t help. But you won’t return it...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Whole house.

No idea how big your mansion would be to need the three pack.
It's overkill, but I use 3 in a 19sq house.

Gives 100% signal even when I'm 2 doors down. Just make sure you use a massively secure password.

1 in the rearmost corner of the house, connected to the modem, 1 in the living area, cat5 connected to the freebox that doesn't have wifi and one in the coat cupboard at the front door, that covers the bedrooms.

Unfortunately it doesn't fix the shiteful performance of Optus' rapidly degrading cable network. Can't wait for NBN to arrive, gotta be so much better that the Optus cables it will be delivered on in our area....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Ethernet into your ISP modem, so hopefully your modem is in a decent location. That’s how my one Google wifi connects. It also needs power (won’t do power over Ethernet).

If not, there could be a case for buying the three pack. The other two talk to the main one via wifi & self-organise all the devices automatically.

Seriously, it is an amazing product.

Buy one from JB Hifi & return it if it doesn’t help. But you won’t return it...
The best bit is how you can become the evil super villan and fuck over everyone else's connection from your phone.

Kids giving you the shits? Lock out their devices for a set time....

Wife snapchatting her genitals to her boyfriend? Lockout her phone...

At work, bored senseless, while everyone else is at home on school holidays? Randomly and remotely switch access on and off, from the comfort of the perfect alibi

Team it up with Google Home, and be able to see every time your wife Googles "how traceable is ratsack in a human corpse?"