Confessions from the fuckwits

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Ethernet into your ISP modem, so hopefully your modem is in a decent location. That’s how my one Google wifi connects. It also needs power (won’t do power over Ethernet).

If not, there could be a case for buying the three pack. The other two talk to the main one via wifi & self-organise all the devices automatically.

Seriously, it is an amazing product.

Buy one from JB Hifi & return it if it doesn’t help. But you won’t return it...
I like the idea and next time I pass by JB I'll have a look but I think that I may end up buying a new modem/router to upgrade the ISP free issue one, I need to be able to prioritise the downstairs office which is plugged into one of the physical connections.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was away from home from 6:00 am untill 8:30 pm.
I didn't realise this was such a hard concept to grasp. If I head to Sydney for the day via train I'll pop my phone onto flight mode for the 40 or so minutes of super shit reception through the Hawksbury river. The train is in and out of tunnels etc and I figure the 2% I save doing this can be better used when I have reception.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Our town is not scheduled to receive NBN to the home rather some kind of community based NBN fixed wireless, but even that is still a year away, is this what you mean ?
That's pretty ordinary for you guys. Though it doesn't surprise me that regional areas are again missing out on a nationally funded initiative. Poor form from the government and an up yours to the people.

I'm pretty low tech and can't get my head around why cable of any sort was deemed the best option for the future of electronic communications in Australia. If I can have almost uninterrupted access to the internet on my phone how did the big progressive forward thinkers not drive down this line? Is there no solution on the "wave spectrum"? For want of a more appropriate label. Again I'm living in a cave.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I guess HFC cable was a sunk cost and does have oodles of bandwidth where a big chunk was reserved for Pay TV rubbish. Why not use it?

It is a shared medium though so dividing up and prioritising the available bandwidth between your neighbours is the trick. Our NBN HFC really hauls every day.

Radio technology only seems to get faster and not being chained to a physical line sure is a big advantage.

Personally, I don't give a damn about the access medium - cable, copper, fibre or fast pigeons - just as long as it keeps getting faster and more widespread.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Pull out of a carpark into a side road that intersects a main road. A bloke in a ute pulls into the road hesitantly, looking at me funny. Still sitting there, hey how come there aren't lines to show me how far to pull out… wait, I'm in the right lane. Doh!

stirk

Burner
Pull out of a carpark into a side road that intersects a main road. A bloke in a ute pulls into the road hesitantly, looking at me funny. Still sitting there, hey how come there aren't lines to show me how far to pull out… wait, I'm in the right lane. Doh!
Saw a bloke do that last Friday but in Sydney and just at a point where the road becomes divided. He pulled up just as oncoming cars were headed toward him at 60kph. He then proceeded to do a 3 pointer and then crawled along at walking pace while his brain was playing catch-up to the task at hand, driving a car. Well done on your effort!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Bike wouldn't shift into the biggest cog on mate's bike. Figured it was just some cable tension adjustment. Did that and it fixed it. 10 minutes later ... issue is back. Fixed it again with tension adjustment. Was walking the bike up when I felt a clicking coming through the bike when going over bumps.
Looked at rear wheel .... Sh^t! ... rear axle was loose and looks like it was loosening over time causing the cassette to lose alignment.
Yeaaahhh gonna quit riding now before my bike disassembles itself on the trail

MARKL

Eats Squid
This is a solid effort. I have long been an advocate for bike racks on roof. My younger brother once asked me 'tow bar rack or roof rack?' My response was the very simple 'do you trust the car behind you or do you trust yourself? If you trust the car behind you more than yourself get a tow bar rack, if you trust yourself get a roof rack.' Now you can probably see where this is going...

So I was supposed to settle on my new house the a week before before Christmas, it got pushed back to the Friday before Christmas and the vendor was being a right prick, had removed items from the house and we didn't now if we would be in our new house for Christmas or even if we would have a home come New Years as we had to be out of the old place. Anyhow after much fucking about we get the keys, I get my daughter and show her the new house. Anyhow it is nearly 5 and I decide to get some things for the pool and we will call by the old house and pick up a few things. We drive past the closest pool shop and it has just closed. So we are driving along and up ahead I can see and smell smoke my first reaction was someone excited about being on holidays and doing burnouts, as I get closer I see it has been a car accident, massive, three cars. I pull over to see what I can do. People are out of the first and third car, I go to the one in the middle. Driver is diagonal in the cabin, feet in drivers footwell head resting on passenger window, pinning his daughter below him. He is in his early 70's she would be 50ish. He is asking for help, can't get him out the driver side, I go to the passenger side and the door can't be opened. People are going 'don't move him, wait for the ambulance...' Yes I know the basic rule is not to move but this guy needed to be out of the car. I can hear sirens getting closer, I go back around to the driver side, he asks me to help him again. His abdomen is swollen, his skin colour has a tinge of grey. I am trying to think what can I do to help, how can I do more and...I watch him die. Someone performs CPR, I watch his chest cave in under CPR, there was no resistance from his sternum...Fire and Rescue, Heavy Rescue, Ambulance etc turn up and start breaking up the car to pull him out the way I wanted to. I grab my daughter, 16 years old, explain that there is no point us staying and watching we will only be in the way, the best people are now here to help, I drive away. She asks if he was going to make it, I lie and tell her there is still hope...

We drive to the old house, pick up some stuff and I throw my old Intense on the roof, put an extra tie to hold the front wheel securely, pick up a pizza on the way home. Now every house I have ever lived in has a garage and for my new house I had one requirement a three car garage, preferably four. At some point my architect wife fell in love with an architect designed house with a fancy car port under the main part of the house. As you approach the house it is really just a thin floating concrete beam...

As I pull into my new street, I drive into the driveway, I hear a sound tire, metal on concrete and...fuckwit