What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have had great service from both nsd and cyclinic. Cycling I bought some specific suspension tools and it was delivered the next day.

Nsd converted my ccdba to a coil and offered me a discount as the ccdba I bought second hand arrived completely blown through a dishonest seller on Facebook.

Nsd have also sent me orings for my helm fork free of charge, I did not even pay for postage.

Can't fault the work they do on suspension, I pretty much consider them wizards

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I’m hanging out to get down there. Something(family) always gets in the way though as it’s basically an entire day with the drive there and back. It’s hard enough scrounging up half a day once a week to get to the Youis.
Does it close down over winter time?
Usually, yeah. Once it starts getting too wet for the shuttle vehicles to make it up the hill, that's it.

I clipped a tree and crashed on my first run, but otherwise had a pretty good day.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
An 11kg kids bike was brought to my attention for some basic r&m.

Didn't carry it into the house and so was not prepared for the weight when I moved it.

How the fuck you can get a 12" kids bike to weigh 11kg is beyond me.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it’s time you say goodbye to the remedy...... or atleast swap the frame out to a spitty or rune. You too can be a small brand bike whore! If the

Can confirm cyclinic as being good. Sent my forks from sydney to them on monday for a service, got my forks back on saturday. They fixed the bodgy work sola had done when I had them lowered, at no extra cost aside from the new seals. Forks feel much better from my short pedal this afternoon. Very impressed.

And the jellybeans were a nice touch ;)
Yup, I've got the jellybeans in my riding pack from Cyclinic. Will give NS another pop when the time comes.

And don't tempt me on the Spitfire or Rune.. I've been eying them up on MTB Direct...
"I am so ashamed!"

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Picked this up on the weekend. Pretty sure its been on here before with the original owner a few years back. It seems to be in remarkably good condition.

Having said that I have already taken it apart to clean and rebuild it. I have one issue with one of the pivot bolts (one of the 2 on the chain stay to shock rocker). loctite and shallow head Ti capheads are not my friends!

Looking forward to taking it out for a ride at some point. May also put an airshock back on it. Float x2 maybe?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Got it nearly usable. Installed everything I could find in the shed, just need to buy grips, a cable, 9 speed chain and cassette a rear derailleur and shock.

Bomber seals are in surprisingly good condition and I made up a strut cos a shock is probably quite a way off at the moment.

Hate those cranks too, but it's the only square taper set I've got

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To be fair, there's probably a good kilo and a half just in that ridiculous chain guard.
Probably right. My kids 12in hotrock is 7.5kg without training wheels or reflector kit, and 4.5kg with drivetrain stripped off it. Wheels, tyres and tubes also weigh a ton, and forks stem and bar are steel for good measure. I'm sure it can withstand abuse, but still.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Update:
-Crown race on, Fox 36 rc2 forks fitted. Ragley 60mm stem fitted but may need to go longer. Spank Spike vibrocore cut down to 780mm.
-Tyres(Hans Damp f, Saguaro r), 203mm discs, and m771 XT Cassette with Hope Rex 40t expander mounted to Hope/Stans Flow wheels.
- Brand X internal dropper fitted. Might change flimsy lever at some point.
- XT/Radcage derailleur fitted and 160cm of cable outer internally run through frame. Of course that was 5cm too short so using an inline barrel adjuster as a double ended connector to the last 5cm.
- M810 Saints with Goodridge lines fitted and bled. Easiest bleed ever, took 10mins and 60mls of oil total.
-RF Aefect cranks fitted with 32t direct mount. Csixx chainguide also just squeezes on.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Update:
-Crown race on, Fox 36 rc2 forks fitted. Ragley 60mm stem fitted but may need to go longer. Spank Spike vibrocore cut down to 780mm.
-Tyres(Hans Damp f, Saguaro r), 203mm discs, and m771 XT Cassette with Hope Rex 40t expander mounted to Hope/Stans Flow wheels.
- Brand X internal dropper fitted. Might change flimsy lever at some point.
- XT/Radcage derailleur fitted and 160cm of cable outer internally run through frame. Of course that was 5cm too short so using an inline barrel adjuster as a double ended connector to the last 5cm.
- M810 Saints with Goodridge lines fitted and bled. Easiest bleed ever, took 10mins and 60mls of oil total.
-RF Aefect cranks fitted with 32t direct mount. Csixx chainguide also just squeezes on.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Did you buy that Geax/Victtoria tyre in Australia ?