GST threshold for imports to be lowered

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
last call fellas...final round of gst free sub 1K orders have to be in today....spend up now so you dont have to spend even more later on.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
last call fellas...final round of gst free sub 1K orders have to be in today....spend up now so you dont have to spend even more later on.
Too late, an invoice or payment date won't matter, it's when it's assessed inside the bonded warehouse on Australian soil as far as tax calculations are concerned is my guess. That would be its legal date of entry.

Someone here from memory was a broker and will be able to clarify.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am pretty confident it will be taxed based on the event date, being when purchased. I will be purchasing something/s today as a test of my confidence.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Too late, an invoice or payment date won't matter, it's when it's assessed inside the bonded warehouse on Australian soil as far as tax calculations are concerned is my guess. That would be its legal date of entry.
nope... already covered this on the last page
-
Sales before 1 July 2018
GST will generally apply to sales of goods where the invoice is issued or payment is received on or after 1 July 2018. It will not apply to sales made earlier (unless GST applies under existing rules) even if the goods do not reach Australia until after 1 July 2018.
-

link1896

Mr Greenfield
nope... already covered this on the last page
-
Sales before 1 July 2018
GST will generally apply to sales of goods where the invoice is issued or payment is received on or after 1 July 2018. It will not apply to sales made earlier (unless GST applies under existing rules) even if the goods do not reach Australia until after 1 July 2018.
-
There you go. Thanks Franco Cozzo.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It’s beginning, got an email from Otticanet (sunglasses) advising of new Aus GST as of 1st July, an email from Merlin the other week advising of incoming changes and the Evans email (mentioned earlier) that they won’t be shipping here.

Wonder what the Germans will do? Interesting times ahead.
The Gernans won't give der fick!

Flow-Rider

Burner
I spoke to someone that's high up in customs in the Qld division today, he said it's going to be nearly impossible to police. He did say that they can do data checks with computers of what comes into the country from which business, so they'll have a fair idea of big players that are trying to dodge the GST.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
...just put in my last wiggle order @ 11:45pm....gst free
theyve got this up on the site atm...

Please be aware that due to scheduled site maintenance orders for delivery to Australia will not be possible from midnight AEST until approximately 8am AEST. All orders placed prior to midnight AEST, and those placed after the completion of site maintenance, will be processed as normal

cant even log into crc as it looks like theyve already started their updates...

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CRC:

"Goods are shipped from the UK. Australian GST has been applied to your order and Australian duty, if applicable, is also included."

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I just got this email from shipito. Forwarding companies collecting a cut to.
Forwarding companies were always targeted in the new legislation, for obvious reasons.

CRC / Wiggle etc. already know they going to sell more than $75k worth of product to us, so they've already kowtowed to Canberra and registered for the GST. The Germans won't give a schiesse until customs do some data collection and realise they've exceeded $75k and send them a firm letter (assuming they do exceed the limit). And even then, I wonder how they'll respond - stop shipping here altogether or get on board is my guess, hopefully the latter.

So... I reckon it's still game on with buying from them GST free for the time being, until we collectively ring up $75k with each of them.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The note about duty from CRC kinda means it's a free-for-all now with an order of any amount. Bikes, Shimano Dura-ace groupsets.....Tacx Neo trainer was $1800 + GST and duty, now it's $1700 with GST and duty apparently included.,...

Last edited: