Stromlo Upgrade approved

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
. Can you guys arrange for the city to be more enjoyable as well?
You should know that’s not a thing. Canberra just forces you to rely more on who you know and I’m way too antisocial for that...

We have Stromlo, Majura Pines and the Koran trails. Some decent roadie routes as well. This makes Canberra not entirely unenjoyable.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Is Tuggeranong Pines still running? I rode the trails there a few years back now and found them enjoyable, definitely an off leash Poodle friendly area. I think that I will have to check out Isaac's next time I'm down that way that looks enjoyable.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah Tuggers is still going, but I haven't been in a while. Good to go with someone you can follow down!

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Most of the locals probably don't know about it. Its not somewhere where you really string a loop together either (though you could), more session the different rock gardens and drops and push back up.
Or ride back up the steep AF fireroads and hit the DH runs on a 120mm travel bike if your a bit mental like me ;)...it is my local.

Thanks for posting that vid, brought back some memories of how it used to be in the day. I remember hucking that roady, was very sketchy in the wind, even on a 30kilo big hit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or ride back up the steep AF fireroads and hit the DH runs on a 120mm travel bike if your a bit mental like me ;)...it is my local.

Thanks for posting that vid, brought back some memories of how it used to be in the day. I remember hucking that roady, was very sketchy in the wind, even on a 30kilo big hit.
Wow! You had a light big hit.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Was told by a bike shop that there will be a two year gap in any maintenance at Stromlo - so they've filled in as much of the rock garden stuff as possible knowing it will be washed out and nasty in two years.

The imported clay soil also has some cement mixed in to try to make it withstand the abuse for longer.

Apparently the machinery the ACT government has for trail works is off to Victoria for a while for a new trail project - anyone know what that could be?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Was told by a bike shop that there will be a two year gap in any maintenance at Stromlo - so they've filled in as much of the rock garden stuff as possible knowing it will be washed out and nasty in two years.

The imported clay soil also has some cement mixed in to try to make it withstand the abuse for longer.

Apparently the machinery the ACT government has for trail works is off to Victoria for a while for a new trail project - anyone know what that could be?
And you bought into that story, you really are stupider than you make out!
they have no money left, something about a miniature railway down the guts of Northbourne ave!
but on the upside, you should be able to buy some primo trail building machinery cheap at Cashies!