Stromlo Upgrade approved

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
To be fair, its a shit time to be trying to grow grass in Canberra haha.

Now I'm trying to picture the other pond, must have blocked it out...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I like how cCnberra has lots of murals but much of the other public art it has is pretty...., well beauty is in the eye of they can go fuck themselves.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
How "out the back" are we talking? It goes for a bit!
No idea, haven’t looked yet... Might go for an explore tomorrow.

Only guidance I have is “go to the bottom of the fire road section of Deep Creek and keep going”.

Today I have to make an aftermarket reverse camera interface work with a Chrysler sourced headunit in an Alfa Romeo (Fiat own Chrysler and Alfa - it’s weird seeing MOPAR branded parts on an Alfa...). I’ll likely need a ride tomorrow for some stress relief...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Was going to do a quick blat at Bruce Ridge today. I think I'll give it a miss as I'm not overly fond of trees falling on me.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
No idea, haven’t looked yet... Might go for an explore tomorrow.

Only guidance I have is “go to the bottom of the fire road section of Deep Creek and keep going”.
That would be the fire road sections out the back. There is about 5-7k of them. Don't know of any single track out that way though

Haakon

Didn’t find any single track out back, did find some serious climbs back up on fire trails through!

And worst fears about Skyline have been realised, all the fun bits filled in. It’s now very numpty compliant which sucks.

When I first came to Canberra Skyline was an epic trail - really fast and flowy with a few little rocky bits to keep you on your toes. Overcooked speed down there a bunch of times and went off, huge fun.

Now it’s all rollers that kill the speed and smooth as a baby’s bum

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Did you score a free beer at least? I missed out - was also out the back on the hardtail today, they had packed up by 12 when I finished.

Haakon

Did you score a free beer at least? I missed out - was also out the back on the hardtail today, they had packed up by 12 when I finished.
Say what now....? Free beer? Dammit, didn’t see a thing. I rolled out about 12.30 I think.