Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
He didn’t know he could, and by the time we found out about it it was too late... He doesn’t seem too fazed though.

But I doubt it would have made much difference - this whole area is being turned into McMansions for overseas cash. Mostly Chinese. And the local council is more than happy to facilitate the developers.

Pensioner FIL in his fairly rundown late 60s house against that - not a chance...
They probably jack his land tax up to get rid rid of him.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Because that's a commercial parcel of land, not a primary residency.
The base land value seems to differ state to state but over 250K in Vic and as soon as it becomes an investment of a sort it will attract a land tax. Even if you rent part of your property that you reside in, it can generate land tax from what I understand. If the future land zoning changes to lets say multi level dwellings, not much doubt that the land value will increase along with your land rates.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
BIG things I hate, right on xmas. Head Lice. fuck me. I'm the only one not affected so far, but Christ I haven't had the Heebie Jeebies this bad since I bumped into a frayed rope inside a ship wreck in thailand while scuba diving and I thought it was lion fish.

@rowdyflat no matter what I can't get all nits out, stuck on too well. Do I just keep applying the moov (Eucalyptus Oil 11.0% w/w, Lemon Tea Tree Oil 1.0% w/w) every few days to break the cycle? Its killed the lice. Tried metal and plastic fine tooth combs after applying the goop, gets most but not all nits.

My girl friend has thick waist long hair, her daughters is a good 200mm long but thankfully still thin. I've a new found respect for hair dressers, took me 3 hours to work through the GFs hair.

Minlak

custom titis
BIG things I hate, right on xmas. Head Lice. fuck me. I'm the only one not affected so far, but Christ I haven't had the Heebie Jeebies this bad since I bumped into a frayed rope inside a ship wreck in thailand while scuba diving and I thought it was lion fish.

@rowdyflat no matter what I can't get all nits out, stuck on too well. Do I just keep applying the moov (Eucalyptus Oil 11.0% w/w, Lemon Tea Tree Oil 1.0% w/w) every few days to break the cycle? Its killed the lice. Tried metal and plastic fine tooth combs after applying the goop, gets most but not all nits.

My girl friend has thick waist long hair, her daughters is a good 200mm long but thankfully still thin. I've a new found respect for hair dressers, took me 3 hours to work through the GFs hair.
Shave your head and pubes no more hair no more lice.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Myki. Dumbest fucking system ever. There was nothing wrong with the old one...

Myki card dead, no way to buy one at the station, so have to wing it to Flinders. Where I will get arrested and beaten by security dudes who were too dumb to get into the police force.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Golden showers. Lice hate to be pissed on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Kerosene you big pussy!

Flow-Rider

Burner
E*Thirteen have a lifetime warranty on their wheels and huge flanges. My Nicolai runs 28H straight pull front without issue.
I'd say buy it and try your hardest to break them, and wish you the best of luck with it.
The reason I looked at the bike in the first place was because I came across a bloke on the trails that had that exact bike and told me how he blew 5 spokes out on the rear and 3 on the front within 6 months of owning the bike, I asked what spoke count he had on the rear and he said 32 which I thought was strange as I've built up more than 3 wheels with eithirteen rims with a 32 spoke count and I'm about 15kg more than him and never had any issues. E-thirteen hubs are known to be trouble, they're factory fitted to the older Gt forces and most people end up having to replace them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sounds like he got a pair that were built in Toowoomba.
The old Easton freehubs were notorious for failures as well, I was under the impression E*Thirteen have fixed their hub problems for a few years now in much the same way.
They might have now but it sure does look like they use the same spokes or wheel builder as old mate. :)

Reactions: Zaf

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Merry Christmas those at Olympic Park:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-park-after-cracking-heard-in-apartment-tower

More than 200 people have been evacuated from a 36-story high-rise building amid fears the structure could collapse.

Emergency services were called to the Opal Tower on Monday afternoon following reports residents of the Sydney Olympic Park building had heard cracking sounds throughout the morning.

There is now a 250m exclusion zone around the building, water and gas have been shut off and the tower is being isolated from the power grid, Fire and Rescue Acting Inspector Greg Wright said.
Huge implications for Oz building standards if this collapses - this is pretty much unheard of in a first world country.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Depends on whether the building actually meets the standards. Then leads to questions around certifiers and the whole system of private certifiers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Surely they are highly astute and professional? It wouldn't hurt for councils to turn around da a little faster.