What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Haha. Its a trap for new players for sure since it looks like the trail is about to descend, so you go up a few gears only to go around a sweeping right hander and point straight up. Gotta be ready for it!
Yeah, but for me being ready for those corners is going to require another year or two of riding twice a week, gym twice a week...

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
rode up my macedon for dawn service, nice flyover of 3 planes. got cold - thought i left my balaclava at home, turns out it was in my back pocket.

on a more important note saw a grey/maroon banshee prime heading back to melb, presume it hit up harcourt

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not mine, my sons. Fixed a rear flat. We went to Dubbo over Easter and not running tubeless had a few issues with punctures. Had taken a patch kit and pump, but wasn’t prepared for the catheads. Bike shops weren’t open so had to make do with BigW and super cheap auto. Thorn resistant tubes weren’t enough.Around 25 patches later ... added slime to all the tyres with car valves. Stopped those punctures. Diluted slime wouldn’t get into the four remaining presta valves, so cut the tube, put in the witches brew sealant and patched the cut. One out of 4 patches failed, but fortunately it waited for the trip home to fail and survived a short mtb ride.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Removed the 36t ratchets from my dt240 hubs and fitted some 56t ones ,then I used those 36t ones to upgrade the 18t ones in my dt350s.

New shift cable for the Turner. New dropper cable on the Intense. Added volume spacer to DB IL on Intense. Striped old Spec Epic frame and hung up. Added few more bits to Cotic rigid build.

Took the boy for a ride and hung out at the pump track for a while. Daughter had her first ride without training wheels today, she's flat out already. Same with the boy when he went off them, the balance bike really works wonders.

Bit of tidying up in the shed too I guess.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode for an hour with my 11 year old daughter at Wingello. Massive pride moment as she passed adults and they were impressed by her skills.

After returning to the trail head - lead a new family out to a very family friendly section of single track that is easy to loop with young kids. It’s nice to pay forward the info that got me and mine riding 5 years ago.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Went out for an quick loop around lysto this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You, me and everyone else. Car parks were seriously full at 10am

First ride post sickness for me. Feeling good. Averaging 130 watts for an hour had me pooped. Sad fall from my last fitness peak for me. This time around is going to be a lot better and more sustainable

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding at Linga Longa today and the yellow volume spacer in the rear shock wasn’t good so changed it to the green one ( first size up from the standard one). Same sag setting, and yeah that’s much better, before changing it I’d had a smaller version of @Chriso_29er ‘s stack but didn’t break any bits off the bike. Elbow pads worked a treat, fell to the right so the rear derailleur had a bit of a bump on the ground and now isn’t quite so perfectly tuned. I deem this to be my nice new bikes first real crash, it’s no longer a crash virgin
I may have cased it a bit, or the ramp up from the big spacer was too much. I was briefly sitting on the back wheel with the brakes locked up before I speared off the track into some small dead branches. Would have been amusing to watch.
A good day though, more to come tomorrow.