What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thought I should get the Rune out of the bike bag, tidy it up and put it together for a ride tomorrow.

After 4 days of mud at Maydena and two weeks untouched, pretty much every bearing was seized, BB and all pivots. Only the headset bearings were moving.

Complete strip down, a few hours of cleaning out and freeing up the bearings, repacking them all with grease and all is good again.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Moorey, its a right hand SLX M7000 ispec 11

I actually only need the ispec bracket but seems is not sold separately.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
These look like the same metal part of the bracket:

If Moorey can't find anything matching, let me know and I can post you a loaner shifter to keep you going while you hunt a spare if you need...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Well it is broken and now can't ride it :(
Looks like its going to be a struggle to get the new shifter in time for a race planned for next weekend. Will have to do it on 'Barry' or my hardtail.
Can you take Barry's shifter for the dually?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These look like the same metal part of the bracket:

If Moorey can't find anything matching, let me know and I can post you a loaner shifter to keep you going while you hunt a spare if you need...
Thanks mate, should have mentioned 11 speed. Didn't realise M7000 was both 10 and 11.
Its no biggie, the other bike might even be better suited to it being a 50k slog. But not sure my backside will agree lol.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Thanks mate, should have mentioned 11 speed. Didn't realise M7000 was both 10 and 11.
Its no biggie, the other bike might even be better suited to it being a 50k slog. But not sure my backside will agree lol.
Yeah, I realised your was 11-speed - but the actual silver-painted metal part look the same, just the plastic cover looks a bit different.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Rode Jarrahdale today with the young fella in tow.

Been 12 years since I've been there, last time ended with me being driven out in agony with a fractured patella and pelvis after my front rim split at the weld on a descent and catapulted me into a large boulder and tree.

The little fella cleaned his biggest obstacle yet. Doesn't look like much but it's almost 50% higher than his little 20" wheels.

Absolutely beautiful spot for a spin. Not the most challenging tracks around but good fun nonetheless.