Injuries. What's your story?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Oh, and if it's not been mentioned before, try not to get hooked on Endone. It works, but it'll ruin you.

I had to put it out of arms length when it first happened. Pain like nothing I'd ever been through before or since.
Second that. I went beyond endone onto Tramadol for the best part of a year before I got my hip fixed, could pop half a dozen of those things and barely have an effect. Getting off them was one of less pleasant two weeks I've ever had...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Second that. I went beyond endone onto Tramadol for the best part of a year before I got my hip fixed, could pop half a dozen of those things and barely have an effect. Getting off them was one of less pleasant two weeks I've ever had...
I remember the GP talking with me, day three post event with 3 stable spinal fractures. T7, T8, T10.
I'm walking about and whilst slow, generally mobile.

He asks me to cough and I oblige, no pain. He's astounded. Asks me what pain relief I'm on,
A: Endone,
Q: how many?
A: about 2.
Q: a day?
A: umm, each time...
Q: how frequently?
A: 4 times a day...
Q: Mr Reverend, please stop taking Endone, right now.

The next week was right back in the pain cave again.
Like I said, had to put them out of arms reach.

Tramadol must be next level.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Oh, and if it's not been mentioned before, try not to get hooked on Endone. It works, but it'll ruin you.

I had to put it out of arms length when it first happened. Pain like nothing I'd ever been through before or since.
And It clogs you right up. Won’t shit for dats

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I can make up words too!

I know it's all 3 of the sticky outy bits that I've fractured, the main bit is intact. Docs said it's stable, and that I'm safe to move around within reason. Pain should more or less restrict what I can and can't do. I've been off my tree the last 24 hours so they might as well have been speaking Vietnamese for all that I could understand.

On my way home now, 2hr drive should be ace

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
The sideways sticky outy bits are your transverse processes and the ones that sticks out backwards and makes the bumps down your spine are the spinous processes. You are a lucky man that that's all you have done, it could have been much worse. Good to hear that it's stable.

Haakon

Its a very very long way from a good place to be... I also ended up on a lot of stilnox on top of that as the only way to sleep through the pain. Some pretty poor life decisions were made that year, its not great for mental health. Getting off them was like waking up for the first time in a year.

I hope we've suitably scared you off that shit Planko! Good luck with the healing :) Glad the bike is ok.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Don't stress about me getting hooked ok the endone. Without going into gory details, I've seen enough hard drug use around me to thoroughly put me off the idea of forming a habit. I've also had first hand experience before, post surgery and after rib fractures, I can see how easily you could slip into a habit/addiction so I won't be using the shit any more than I need to. Appreciate the concern though!

Finally got my hands on the helmet, I reckon I can review the proframe now. Docs think this bad boy has saved me from some spectacular injury, both head and neck. I'll be getting another one for sure.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally got my hands on the helmet, I reckon I can review the proframe now. Docs think this bad boy has saved me from some spectacular injury, both head and neck. I'll be getting another one for sure.

It's fine, just put some stickers on it!

Seriously though, glad to hear the Proframe held up as my mates and I all have them.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I remember the GP talking with me, day three post event with 3 stable spinal fractures. T7, T8, T10.
I'm walking about and whilst slow, generally mobile.

He asks me to cough and I oblige, no pain. He's astounded. Asks me what pain relief I'm on,
A: Endone,
Q: how many?
A: about 2.
Q: a day?
A: umm, each time...
Q: how frequently?
A: 4 times a day...
Q: Mr Reverend, please stop taking Endone, right now.

The next week was right back in the pain cave again.
Like I said, had to put them out of arms reach.

What was it like when you eventually opened your bowels :eek:

Haakon

That'll buff out.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Don't stress about me getting hooked ok the endone. Without going into gory details, I've seen enough hard drug use around me to thoroughly put me off the idea of forming a habit. I've also had first hand experience before, post surgery and after rib fractures, I can see how easily you could slip into a habit/addiction so I won't be using the shit any more than I need to. Appreciate the concern though!

a couple of "structural stickers" and she'll be good as gold..try and offload it to chops!