Injuries. What's your story?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If that is cracks on your frame...thats some massive impact!

From the helmet pic it really looks like you copped a pile driver! That hang appears to be dead centre?

And you endone cry babies, I've crunched heaps of it and never felt the addiction+withdrawal etc. Di-Gesic though...well that was a roller coaster!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whilst were exchanging injury stories.

Had a light spill at not high speed at Bright a month ago and landed on my outstretched left arm.
My shoulder was immediately sore but good enough to ride down Shred Kelly and back to the car.

Called it a day but couldn't lift my arm above my head to put the rig on the roof.
Over the course of a month, several doctor's visits, an X-ray, ultrasound and MRI along with Chiropractor, Physio and shoulder surgeon tells me it's a labral tear.

Surgery is the fix and nine months off the bike.
Irony is not lost on the fact I've just bought and built a winter hardtail which I won't be able to ride until autumn.

Apparently it could be worse as rotator cuff injuries take even longer to heal.

Possible Banshee Prime and Remedy for sale.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS

Had a light spill at not high speed at Bright a month ago and landed on my outstretched left arm.
My shoulder was immediately sore but good enough to ride down Shred Kelly and back to the car.

Called it a day but couldn't lift my arm above my head to put the rig on the roof.
Over the course of a month, several doctor's visits, an X-ray, ultrasound and MRI along with Chiropractor, Physio and shoulder surgeon tells me it's a labral tear.

Irony is not lost on the fact I've just bought and built a winter hardtail which I won't be able to ride until autumn.

Bummer. I've had a torn rotator cuff which I don't recommend. As for not being able to ride the Paradox until next winter, I suggest you sell it to me instead to avoid temptation whilst healing!

slowmick

38-39"
Gotta love it when the doctor and osteo both say "At your age it would be better to break the bone than dislocate it - it would heal much quicker"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've hurt one...in a very soft way - rode into a root. I couldn't believe it. Otherwise they rock hard.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Go and see Katie Kaminsky, a rock climbing physio, in Northcote, before agreeing to surgery. Shoulder injuries are common amongst our community, and climbing specific physio's are ahead of the game regarding treatment and healing protocols.

I have sent two climbing friends (both were informed surgery is the only option) to Toby Moir, over here in Adelaide. He had them back climbing, stronger than ever with no surgery. Double bonus, healing/treatment time was quicker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go and see Katie Kaminsky, a rock climbing physio, in Northcote, before agreeing to surgery. Shoulder injuries are common amongst our community, and climbing specific physio's are ahead of the game regarding treatment and healing protocols.

I have sent two climbing friends (both were informed surgery is the only option) to Toby Moir, over here in Adelaide. He had them back climbing, stronger than ever with no surgery. Double bonus, healing/treatment time was quicker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm on the train currently considering how grim 3 months in a sling commuting will be. Anything with a strong outcome and no surgery sounds good. I've been under the knife 3 times previously and it's not my first choice.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Labral tear on my hip is what did me in. It took years to be properly diagnosed, by which time the pain was off tap, as was the painkiller use...

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm on the train currently considering how grim 3 months in a sling commuting will be. Anything with a strong outcome and no surgery sounds good. I've been under the knife 3 times previously and it's not my first choice.
Definitely seek alternative options, as shoulder surgery can be a risky proposition at the best of times.