What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice @the drizzle! Hopefully you're happy with it!

What happened with customs?

How long until the maiden voyage?
I'm stoked with this one!

The gloss is such a better finish than I had on the sick.

Everything is perfectly aligned.

Marino even threw in another headset which I was stoked about as I wasn't sure how the oil-slick would look with all of the green bits.

I copped 20% vat plus duty and brokerage fees on this replacement frame. Marino even wrote and signed a letter to offer to Czech customs to help release it sooner. Anyways all sorted now and I am over the moon.

I finished the build already and will ride tomorrow and report back in the Marino thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Is that after setting sag etc? Or did you blow through the travel too quick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sag was about right. More because at the pressure it was sent back with it almost felt "too sensitive" and a bit soft if that makes sense and needed a bit more support from a few extra PSI. I could be wrong. That could just be the feel of the vorsprung in which case I'll find out on tonight's night ride. Still very happy though. It certainly does help with chatter.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Got all excited thinking I could finally use my 22mm spanner to remove the shock hardware (spanners been sitting unused since I bought the roll. How often do you use these around the house?)
Nope. 13mm socket on one end, grip oddjobs nut with left hand and hardware came out disappointingly easily.
View attachment 355329
:rolleyes:

Looks good fitted though. Out with the non-debonair RT3, in with the debonair plus RC3!
View attachment 355331

Keen as to see how it goes. Got my pack of rubber bands ready, just need to get time to ride.

Edit: also scoped out Oddjobs grotto, sweet jesus, bicycle nirvana in there.
You would of thought the large machined surfaces would have hinted at a bench vice...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You would of thought the large machined surfaces would have hinted at a bench vice...

Only if you don’t have a spanner big enough.

Or tiny bitch mitts and can’t hold it.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Mega parts swap day as per my PYR. Bit sad when all four bikes are in pieces and none are rideable. Two are on the trails again though the new one needs a longer chain. The Muru will be ok tomorrow when I get some new shifter cables and the last will wait on brakes.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Was selected to be part of the Continental tyres test crew, so received my new rubber and fitted them. The Der Baron and Der Kaiser, both in 2.4 look and feel grippy AF. Test will be seeing how they hold up to some Garigal abuse and if they can hold a torch to the Assegai's.

Positive note straight away is that I've saved 1kg+ on my rolling weight!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Interesting. Good insight @Zaf. I've heard they tyres/treads themselves have been good, but longevity crap. Hopefully these new German made versions with the Black Chili compound are a lot better, as you say.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Picked up a new chain and fitted that to the hardtail. Fitted an aglet to the shifter cable. Fitted two new inners to the Muru shifters and discovered the front derailleur wasn't playing nicely with the chainwheels. Firstly I noticed that the ID of the larger chainring was about 1mm smaller in diameter than the spigot on the crank so off to the lathe for some treatment. Better but still wonky. A bit more investigation and found that the crank spider was bent. Just one arm but probably 3mm out. As I am the only who rides this I have no idea how that happened. Being a fatbike the crank is a weird size and probably $5B for a new one. So after some bashium I fitted the chainrings and all good. Finished off the shifters and fitted two aglets and done. 2/4 back rideable. Then I fitted the new chain off the hardtail onto the wife's bike, new inner for the rear derailleur, new aglet and bam 3/4 right to go.

Quick ride around my place with the F29 and it really rolls nicely. Might go for a bit of a ride on Sat depending on the 2,459,310.4 other things I have to do.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a skills session with a downhill focused MTB coach today.

Focusing on jumps as I’ve been struggling with confidence in the air after I slipped a pedal on a double and required 7 stitches to close the wound in my shin a while ago.

Worth every cent.
Who, where, and how much was it?
What was your best learning?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Mega parts swap day as per my PYR. Bit sad when all four bikes are in pieces and none are rideable. Two are on the trails again though the new one needs a longer chain. The Muru will be ok tomorrow when I get some new shifter cables and the last will wait on brakes.
Every time I get road blocked from finishing a build because I don’t have inner or outer gear cable, I swear I’m buying a workshop box of both. Never do.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Every time I get road blocked from finishing a build because I don’t have inner or outer gear cable, I swear I’m buying a workshop box of both. Never do.
Just do it. You can get workshop boxes of sp41 and inners from ze germans at reasonable prices.