Shimano SlX 4 pot brakes

PJO

in me vL comy
The calipers are coming in a separate package and are due "end of august", which I wish was made clear during the checkout process. To me, it read as if they were a special order item, i.e. maybe a week or two max wait. Turns out that they hadn't actually been manufactured yet... I feel like it should have been labelled a pre-order. Lucky I've borrowed some codes :rolleyes: in the meantime.
Have your calipers turned up yet @Shredden ??

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I know, its annoying as. Lucky I've been super busy and haven't really had time for a ride anyway.
I haven't been busy, my life almost entirely revolves around waiting for the postie to drop stuff in my letterbox

I've hit the button on some of these calipers too, fingers crossed they dont cancel the order and refund or something

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I'm chasing an update from them at the moment. I'll get back here when they get back to me.

wkkie

Just for reference, this was the last update they gave me on the 14th of August when they sent the other items in my order...

The SLX BR-M7120 Disc Brake Caliper is on back order with our supplier. We are expecting those to arrive next week.

Reactions: PJO

D01

Likes Dirt
Just for reference, this was the last update they gave me on the 14th of August when they sent the other items in my order...
Curious they told you next week on the 14th, they told me on the 5th that Shimano have said the end of August. Is the 21st mid or end of the month?

I ordered levers and calipers at the start of July, along with other stuff and haven't had anything turn up yet.

pembo6

Squid
For what it’s worth, I emailed bike bug last night and asked if it included pads, hose and banjo. They responded this morning and said “They are included”. Although I’m a bit dubious about getting a hose.

From what I can tell, we’ll get everything included in this ebay listing (link below), Which includes finned resin pads and the banjo bolt (but not hose). Scroll halfway down ebay listing for images of what’s included.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Shimano-SLX...N03A-/333303834164?nav=SEARCH&redirect=mobile

wkkie

Curious they told you next week on the 14th, they told me on the 5th that Shimano have said the end of August. Is the 21st mid or end of the month?

I ordered levers and calipers at the start of July, along with other stuff and haven't had anything turn up yet.
I'd say 21st is end... I asked them to send the rest of the order because it wasn't for me, that arrived within 2 days.

I'm still waiting on a reply from this morning.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Swapping levers and calipers today... the XT 2 pots use banjo fittings and the looooong bolt. The XT 4 pot had the older short bolt. Is anyone using the longer bolt on new XT 4pots etc? As it works I am leaving it as is, plenty of thread engagement. I did not try the long bolt but I suspect it will fit too.

wkkie

Not great news...

Shimano has informed as that they are currently unable to supply a due date for these. We are happy to leave these on back order,or we can cancel and refund.
Did everyone get the same email?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Just saw your post too Wkkie. Think I'm gonna go for a refund on the levers too, because I don't want to run them with non matching calipers.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah, just found the same email in my "promotions" folder :mad::mad::mad:

It's such an awesome price. I reckon if I go for the refund it'll be the last time I see those calipers for that coin.
I think when they do get stock they will be relisted at a higher price.

But if I just ride my bike & wait for the back order (I don't need the brakes immediately....although I would like to have them...)
....then in theory I still get 'em at the smokin' price in a few months....?

My inner rat radar/sniffer is twitching though....the calipers were listed crazy cheap (almost like a mistake?) and now there is no stock available?
....but the levers were a more normal price (I ordered the new XT levers, not the SLX) and they are in stock...(?)

Not sure which way to play it yet....prolly sleep on it. Maybe I'll call 'em to suss out what's going on...

Shredden

Knows his goats
Jealous of the position you're in, I'm a broke student and spent my last bit of measley bike budget on them. So I haven't been able to ride in the time they have been on order, and need to take the refund so I can buy something else. pretty annoying situation. i just wish it was made clear that we were "pre ordering" not "special ordering"