When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Have to agree. Giant have always done quite well overall. It is just the genericness of them that is the downside of the Camry bicycle,&nbsp;<br>You can easily spend a load more $$$ for less. Plus for many people Camry's are the schiznit anyhow

Just being a snob. Giants +[Polygon ]are actually good value + although the frames break often the replacement policy is excellent.
Giant try to change "standards" which I don't like eg OD OD2 fiasco+ the trunion shocks

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My first real mountain bike was a Giant. Cheap and cheerful. Kids and wifey have had Giants along the way. Then I picked up a used carbon XTC hardtail and it was great. Cheap and had good running gear but you could tell it was less sturdy. When I swapped that out for the Cannondale both were around the same price point and the Giant killed the Cannondale on parts spec.

safreek

My first real mountain bike was a Giant. Cheap and cheerful. Kids and wifey have had Giants along the way. Then I picked up a used carbon XTC hardtail and it was great. Cheap and had good running gear but you could tell it was less sturdy. When I swapped that out for the Cannondale both were around the same price point and the Giant killed the Cannondale on parts spec.
Yeah every one wants a cannondale, people settle for a giant

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
While both those statements are true, it pays to remember that not all frames are made with the same carbon, or layup.

Would still be very helpful when you can do a big chunk of your R&D, by just walking onto your factory floor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Carbon on the Bronson was significantly thicker than that on the XTC. Different roles I know but very obviously different layup. Speaking of XTC I was in a shopping centre the other day and making plans for Nigel came on. Long time no hear.