When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funnily enough they're remarkably sturdy; the cheaper ones that is. NB: applies to both scooters and mtb's.....
Yep my lad has one that was circa $300/$400 and it is very sturdy nice welds/ thick alum frame. Good thing too as they get the absolute S%$t beaten out of them on ramps/rails/walls anything everythingthey get smashed into. Good fun until you smash your old bones onto the concrete...quite unforgiving!

sbm

Likes Bikes
I find trick scooters have unrideable twitchy steering, I wouldn't trust myself to ride down a quarter pipe without faceplanting. Which is ironic, because I ride 20'' bmx.

I do think a lot of scooter riders will end up on bikes (see e.g., Ryan Williams), it'll be interesting to see what happens when this generation hits their 20's. I can totally see why kids love them, they're proportionally sized and a lot easier to handle when you're tiny. Skateboarding and bikes just look awkward under most kids. On the other hand, it's the opposite for adults, skateboards and bikes are more proportional, and you just overpower a scooter.