When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Oddjob, even looks wrong..not even downcountry worthy. Cabling is a joke. Wonder if it ghost shifts under compression.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Oddjob, even looks wrong..not even downcountry worthy. Cabling is a joke. Wonder if it ghost shifts under compression.
Don't even think about asking which version of the switch infinity stanchions they are up to trying to eliminate squeaking under loaf, or whether it flexes so much that 2.25s will rub through the paint....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
This has basic fork and shock, low end build on the rest, and my mate has ridden lots, incl off road basic stuff so it's pretty suitable for him and I'm not gonna make a grown ass 41 year old "earn his stripes" on a hardtail.
all true 2015 can be transformed into a bit of a weapon hope he gets the riding bug

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
What sort of profession do you need to own a Kona? Sure do like a few in the catalogue.

I just got a 2011 Giant Reign for $500, seems like decent value for slightly above entry level. I can see how you could keep spending and make a $500 a $2000 bike quickly but lucky I'm broke, that's not an option. After a few thousand KMs and probably have to sell some other project I can still only see me spending up to 3k on something like a process.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Have to admit the wealthy professionals prefer the US boutique brands SC ,Yeti, Intense ,Pivot.
The sheep prefer Giant off the shelf with no alterations.
Economists and accountants go Polygon with matching outfits.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Have to admit the wealthy professionals prefer the US boutique brands SC ,Yeti, Intense ,Pivot.
The sheep prefer Giant off the shelf with no alterations.
Economists and accountants go Polygon with matching outfits.
Amusingly the biggest $ earning absolute animal on a enduro/DH bike I know rides a stock giant reign. Nothing to prove. Fast AF.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Current Giants are greatly under-rated IMO. They ride mint, and while you can still spend big money - you don't have to and you'll still get 95% percent of the performance. One mate has a base model 27.5" Trance and it's a ripper alrounder, another (more XC/trail focused) mate has a base model Trance 29er. Surprisingly different bikes, but love the supple suspension feel on both. The Reign must be really able to plow some chunk if its trail cousins are are anything to go off...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Current Giants are greatly under-rated IMO. They ride mint, and while you can still spend big money - you don't have to and you'll still get 95% percent of the performance. One mate has a base model 27.5" Trance and it's a ripper alrounder, another (more XC/trail focused) mate has a base model Trance 29er.
Have to agree. Giant have always done quite well overall. It is just the genericness of them that is the downside of the Camry bicycle,
You can easily spend a load more $$$ for less. Plus for many people Camry's are the schiznit anyhow.