Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
Pro2 are getting on, and had a few more weaknesses with the axle. I’ve only got two sets of those. The rest are all Evo or pro4.

Flow-Rider

Burner
3 sets of hope hubs here with no issues, I haven't even re-greased the freehub on any. POE works OK for me, I don't know if it's a wheel size thing or not.

safreek

3 sets of hope hubs here with no issues, I haven't even re-greased the freehub on any. POE works OK for me, I don't know if it's a wheel size thing or not.
Yeah, I recon those 29r wheels place to much side to side pressure on the bearings. Bloody large wheels. Can't call them wagon wheels any more since 36r became the new standard (in a couple years)
36 makes a lot of sense, easy to roll over larger objects, great once you get moving, more stability, fuck me, I'm starting to convince myself that big wheels are good

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, I recon those 29r wheels place to much side to side pressure on the bearings. Bloody large wheels. Can't call them wagon wheels any more since 36r became the new standard (in a couple years)
36 makes a lot of sense, easy to roll over larger objects, great once you get moving, more stability, fuck me, I'm starting to convince myself that big wheels are good
The industry is going to call them muddies. You watch the pivot towards really muddy slop races rather than the fast open trails favoured by the wagon wheels

Flow-Rider

Burner
36 inch is only for commuters, lift your front wheel up and roll over parked cars that get in your way.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I always thought fixie meant no free hub, like a track bike. Direct drive. Apparently these days it just means a single speed?
It should only mean what you think, but all the hipsters adopted the name to anything with the right "look" and single speed because they think it just means "fixed speed" (ie: ratio).