Little Things You Love

Flow-Rider

Burner
So is driving a car, living a long distance from work, turning on the aircon when it's hot/cold, buying bike parts on-line, buying groceries when we want them, out of season fruit + veg, having a fridge...knockibg down a house to build a better looking or more prestigious one...
You have a few carbon credits up your sleeve don't you?

No car for about 20 years.

No rug rats.

Not every light turned on in the house at the one time.

Small fridge.

Cooks meals one time a week or when you feel like it.

Poodle baths in cold water.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
We don’t have a quota we have to use, you know?
I haven't been on a plane since the mid 90's. Gave up petrol-heading about the same time. I recently lived for 2 years with no electricity supply (portable solar system I built myself) on an agricultural block, and am looking for a similar arrangement now. Developers kicked me out ..... they bulldozed my vege garden, ffs!
I've been in my current abode a year now, and my power bills add up to less than a grand. Other people use the power here too, but I pay the bill.

I want a quota, dabnammit! No, wait ...... I demand a quota!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks make it louder.

nathanm

Eats Squid
getting my facebook friends down to 22.

getting old has the advantage of making you realise how little time you have and how much you are wasting it on stupid shit like FB. Having gotten rid of all my side hustle business's I now no longer have to play nice with people on line and as such I just use Facey for funny dog and cat stuff, bike groups, GSP groups, Burmese groups and that important stuff only.

I really am turning into a hermit and I'm more than ok with that, as anyone who has worked in customer service for a decade or two can attest to.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
getting my facebook friends down to 22.

getting old has the advantage of making you realise how little time you have and how much you are wasting it on stupid shit like FB. Having gotten rid of all my side hustle business's I now no longer have to play nice with people on line and as such I just use Facey for funny dog and cat stuff, bike groups, GSP groups, Burmese groups and that important stuff only.

I really am turning into a hermit and I'm more than ok with that, as anyone who has worked in customer service for a decade or two can attest to.

Not making lures anymore?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Not making lures anymore?
Sold the business very recently. The time vs monetary reward just wasn't there anymore and with the reignited passion for mountain biking I couldn't dedicate the time needed for both. may regret it down the track but doubt it. it's just so hard to make a go of it in the fishing industry as the competition is just so immense, it's saturated with both big and small business all competing for the same dollar.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Sold the business very recently. The time vs monetary reward just wasn't there anymore and with the reignited passion for mountain biking I couldn't dedicate the time needed for both. may regret it down the track but doubt it. it's just so hard to make a go of it in the fishing industry as the competition is just so immense, it's saturated with both big and small business all competing for the same dollar.
Yeah it seems like a tough business. Either has to be a hobby or go all in.

I haven't had Facebook or Instagram for years now. I still look at a few things I can though most of the good stuff needs a login. I've really only replaced the compulsive Facey/Instagram check with refreshing the homepage here and a few other forums. Wouldn't say I've got much time back but I see a lot less garbage I wouldn't care about.

Flow-Rider

Burner
We don’t have a quota we have to use, you know?
I can always get my mates Dad to write a quota out.

He is 80 odd, invites his kids around for tea and gives them all a head torch with rechargeables to wear at night. His showers consist of opening the tap enough to be soaked with water then turns the water off to lather up with soap and then turns the water back on for one quick rinse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I bathed out of a flexitub in the back yard for a few months a couple of years ago. Hot water unit blew and I wasn't sure what direction the rest of the ~130 year old house was going to take. After a few days the water temp didn't matter as much and my neighbours got used to the site, but never invite me to use their shower...sold the house and let the new owner do what they wished with the hot water issue.

safreek

I can always get my mates Dad to write a quota out.

He is 80 odd, invites his kids around for tea and gives them all a head torch with rechargeables to wear at night. His showers consist of opening the tap enough to be soaked with water then turns the water off to lather up with soap and then turns the water back on for one quick rinse.
All I can say is " fuck that"

stirk

Burner
Lures?

Fisher?