COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
how much of our Asian export market is going to slow up though? Exports would be higher value wines wouldn't they? and people will be cutting back expenses
America is our biggest market, but yes China is growing. A couple of lower yield vintages mean there is certainly not a glut.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
If you have a look at the link I posted earlier, it seems that can actually have a big impact.
linear rather than exponential spread could mean longer lockdowns- world ecdonomy will not come with this, exponential growth will get it over with quickly, linear spread could last 1-2 yrs...i prefer short term pain,

safreek

So what happens when you have had the virus then get better, are you allowed out if lock down happens.
At least I don't need to line up to buy a rifle :p and Burt won't let strangers in. Looking good.
Now all I need is for the pricks that I work for to pay up so I can start hoarding:rolleyes:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
linear rather than exponential spread could mean longer lockdowns- world ecdonomy will not come with this, exponential growth will get it over with quickly, linear spread could last 1-2 yrs...i prefer short term pain,
Have you got any link selling the case fo the exponential?

I found the Washington Post one quite persuasive, but happy to admit ignorance when it comes to the bigger picture here.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
So what happens when you have had the virus then get better, are you allowed out if lock down happens.
At least I don't need to line up to buy a rifle :p and Burt won't let strangers in. Looking good.
Now all I need is for the pricks that I work for to pay up so I can start hoarding:rolleyes:
They do not yet know how effective an immunisation effect it is from catching & recovering from the disease. This is a big question right now.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
My kids go to a public school, my wife is a teacher.
All before and after school teacher meetings cancelled, school photos cancelled, athletics day cancelled, school council meetings cancelled, excursions cancelled, parent teacher interviews cancelled.....but school is still on? what the fuck Dan?

Daniel Hale

My kids go to a public school, my wife is a teacher.
.....but school is still on? what the fuck Dan?
they know too many parents work in health or allied health, with other sickness pulling up to 20% of hlth care workers sitting at home lookin after their own kids health system could collapse
also at school good data on sickness kept, once they are let out in the wild they cannot control anything, and many elderly grandparents have to babysit..it’s the elderly we need to quarantine for their own safety, not the healthy people

Reactions: D2R

Daniel Hale

Family of 4 here with 2 rolls left of toilet paper...
i havn’t panic bpight anything either, we are out of pasta/rice/potatoes...i ship every 2-3 days usually so don’t stock up, we will live off hot chips & dominos supplemented with ice cream/chocolate...curiously throwing knives are in plentiful stock, ordered up big incl the ceramic ones to bypass metal detectors, i don’t see us being too far off looting starting

i wish i had a bidet business night now

Flow-Rider

Burner
Italy also has huge numbers of refugee and illegals, it is quite staggering how many homeless there are in the big cities.. I was there June last year and the place looked like a basketcase.. No rubbish collection, street cleaning, roads rooted and no basic council maintenance ie clean parks, squares etc.. Outside of the main tourists spot’s it was bordering on a 3rd world country.. Their health care system maybe be great but if they can’t even get their shit together to collect rubbish or fix footpaths etc, they are in deep shit..
Yeah tell me about, the place has never really recovered from the GFC.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Family of 4 here with 2 rolls left of toilet paper...
You've got a hose...

we will live off hot chips & dominos supplemented with ice cream/chocolate.

i don’t see us being too far off looting starting
What are you, a family of single men?

Time to sharpen our sticks.

What happens when the schools close and all those teenagers are unsupervised and roaming the streets? Keep them in our prisons...I mean schools. Just make a better sick bay.