COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sucks if you don't have the toilet in the same room as the shower. A cheeky run holding cheeks wide from the toilet into the shower would be pretty funny to see.
You're going to wash it anyway...it shouldn't really matter how much chocolate sauce you spread on those soft brioche buns of yours. Just wait til your hair falls out and regrows all over your arse!

nathanm

Eats Squid
So I thought Tassie was immune but nope. Hit up Coles for tea stuff and yep all the flour gone, as was most of the boxes of cake, muffin, cupcake etc mix as well as all the olive oil.

Exactly what the fuck are people thinking? When the zombie apocalypse comes theyre going to survive on baked goods?

The bread isle was full, so was all the fresh fruit n veg.

There was even a bit of tp still about.

At this point in rooting for the coronavirus to mutate and kill much more than 4%. About 40 should do it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's not the teenagers I'm worried about.
It's the 40-something single blokes high on stale coffee and mouldy blueberries, wandering around with sharp sticks.
He mostly comes out at night. You'll be safe unless you're hanging with the meth heads.

Pretty sure the muddy bum waddle run is the next big thing on tik tok. Make it so number 2...

OK, so "self isolate " if I get the lurgy can I still go and take Burt out for a drive to the bush for a run. Am I expected to stay at home or just isolate from the world.
I have a pretty small yard and a rather large dig, I need answers, Scotty ain't talking to me at the moment
A lot f this might depend on how knocks up you are. I wager you might just want to lay there for a few days...last time I was epic unwell and had dogs I was on he floor for about a week. Dogs clearly thought I was dying! I think one of them would've tied to eat me and the other would've tried to defend me. Very jungle book style.

Was Scotty one of big robs rivals?

Hemp seed oil or bees wax for those beards when the fancy stuff runs out

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Exactly what the fuck are people thinking? When the zombie apocalypse comes theyre going to survive on baked goods?
It worked for the hobbits. They walked all the way across middle earth on that magic cake the elves gave them. People must have googled the recipe.

_______

Is an alien from 2007
tsk, the elvish waybread the hobbits were given was made from Galadriel's own personal stash of ground up orc babies; both a chilling indictment of who the true "racial purity" monsters of middle earth were and 100% gluten free.

poita

Likes Dirt
We've made a conscious effort over several years to encourage a few independent shops (yes we still have these in Tassie) to stock stuff we use, and consequently now never have to go near Coles or Woolies. Usual weekly shopping trip on Sunday found them all still well stocked (pallet load of dunny paper in the middle of the floor was still there from last week in the IGA) except for oats and some flour. Weirdly the shortage of flour was self raising, plain flour no problem. Either people think they are going to survive this by baking cakes and bikkies, or they are fuckwits who have never made bread before. I know what I'm betting on.
Evidence confirming my earlier sentiment. "Duhhh what do you do with flour? I'm hungry....."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Evidence confirming my earlier sentiment. "Duhhh what do you do with flour? I'm hungry....."
When desperate flour + water makes (shitty) dough. Bake it and put jam on it...it's not great but it's better than starving.

tsk, the elvish waybread the hobbits were given was made from Galadriel's own personal stash of ground up orc babies; both a chilling indictment of who the true "racial purity" monsters of middle earth were and 100% gluten free.
Gluten free? Going to sell like hot cakes!

poita

Likes Dirt
When desperate flour + water makes (shitty) dough. Bake it and put jam on it...it's not great but it's better than starving.

Gluten free? Going to sell like hot cakes!
I have no confidence they will get past the water step. Turning on the oven you haven't used in years is challenging.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have no confidence they will get past the water step. Turning on the oven you haven't used in years is challenging.....
Yep, that's what's really baffled me. Quite literally about 65% of the shoppers at my local supermarket I've only ever seen buying junk food or frozen ready made "meals". I can't figure out how all these people have suddenly learnt to cook. I've heard the odd whispered rumour that "people are just buying up to send it to relatives in lockdown overseas", but that just reeks of typical facebook veiled racism/paranoia and doesn't really seem all that logistically or financially viable IMO.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Sugary baked goods will do wonders for people's immune systems. There's never been a better time to be a virus!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Wine export to China has been declining for some heavily over the last 6 to 8 months. Been to a stack recently and plenty of hurt happening.. The bushfires also stuffed this, yeare vintage, it'll be a crap season..
It was a crap season. Worst I've seen anyway

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
It was a crap season. Worst I've seen anyway
Yep, high country was stuffed. B/bro well down at the start. Just came through SE south Oz and plenty of not so flash scenes. Penfolds and accolade had the best vine health, but crop were pretty small. Might be good times for port.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yep, high country was stuffed. B/bro well down at the start. Just came through SE south Oz and plenty of not so flash scenes. Penfolds and accolade had the best vine health, but crop were pretty small. Might be good times for port.
Depends if you were smoke affected. Not even worth making port if so. Just get it distilled and keep the spirit for next year

MARKL

Eats Squid
Scotty from marketing's economic plan would've been much better spent on assisting companies to purchase additional computers and phones to enable as many people as possible the option to work from home rather than throwing it a tax-breaks for tradies on utes. I'm pretty sure 23bn could have build some good basic hospital wards too (ie: not just wanky urban high-rise hospitals filled with aquariums and play centres) - this would be especially effictive on the urban fringes where they will (likely) both soon be a neccessity in the short term, and then still exist providing a valuable long term asset.

The whole approach from the government has been so fundamentally without decisiveness and clear information that it's really fuelling a lot of the panic already out there.
The economic plan (i am not really sure of the use of the word 'plan' in this case) seems...not well targeted. People haven't missed mortgage/rent payments yet because of Covid lock downs. Instead we seem to have given people more money for their dunny roll fortresses. If you are living paycheck to paycheck you will be fucked by a few weeks of shutdown. And if you don't pay your rent, the genius with 5-mortgages won't be able to pay the bank and will have to start selling his portfolio, oops the bansk will cop a loss on that too...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone watch 730 report, interviewed a bunch of oldies that couldn’t give a fuck and will keep doing whatever they feel like.. Reckon it’s all a beat up.. so much entitlement.. Probably listen to Alan Jones...
Kinda makes you wonder with that sort attitude why are we going to sink economy to basically save them clogging up the medical system.. Maybe we should be looking at saving half of them rather all of them if that’s their attitude..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You might be better off staying there. Go down the coast. Hualien is nice in spring too.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/w...-to-keep-covid-19-at-bay-20200316-p54ah8.html
Hualien was the end destination after the Suhua Highway. I quite liked it although it was dark and I was drenched when I arrived. Managed to change into some dry clothes and get out for a feed and a beer at least. The whole East coast has been epic. I’m now in Checheng and heading north.

Am tempted to stay longer and have a crack at Taroko Gorge but have to keep an eye on the situation. Taiwan‘s numbers jumped by 6 yesterday and 8 today - all overseas travellers returning home. They may start restricting flights to keep a lid on things.