COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Classic case of the more you have the bigger tight ass you become. Pure evil people.
I would say this is also relates to being able to work from home and have a holiday lifestyle at the same time.
It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't wealthy retirees who have already paid of the primary residence and are just cashing in on some upper class welfare.

As you said the wealthier people become the worse human beings they are, this is also backed up by a wealth (pun intended) of research.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Ok so the advice is not to go out for shopping unless it is essential. So which retail stores classify as essential?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only essential stores should be open, but if you can open, then open, and if you are open then you are essential. This should be perfectly clear (Scotty from marketing)

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
To those of you that drive cars and need to refuel...how are you going about using the pumps? I can't imagine service stations having someone cleaning every pump every time it is used, like supermarkets are doing with their trolleys+baskets
easy, pick up the E10 one first and give the bowser a real good going over before you pick up desired nozzle, make sure you give your hands a good soaking too..Don't do it with Diesel though, it won't work as well!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All right...

There is something about the sounds of a house party that really spell out how stupid some people are!

I see skate parks are closing from tomorrow. I'm hurt, but...it's probably a rule I'll flaunt.

So when people get put up in hotels like the Hilton for quarantine, who foots the bill? Because if it is free, I could probably go a little bit of a break from reality. I'll probably use the lap pool but avoid the sauna.

stirk

Burner
All right...

There is something about the sounds of a house party that really spell out how stupid some people are!

I see skate parks are closing from tomorrow. I'm hurt, but...it's probably a rule I'll flaunt.
Given you don't skate I'd say you've be abusing the skate park for years. Poor skaters can't get a decent drop in for all the old mountain bikers lurking and the lame scooter kids.

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Don’t mean this to sound like a selfish question given the seriousness of the situation , but just curious because it is my form of cardio which is important to my health at 57.
But at what point are we likely to not be allowed to go mtbing ?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Don’t mean this to sound like a selfish question given the seriousness of the situation , but just curious because it is my form of cardio which is important to my health at 57.
Now?

Pretty sure Scotty just announced all parks closed, I'd assume this means MTB parks too. Not going to boycott the MTB till the local authorities announce it though...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nothing selfish about that question. I believe there is some closure to areas where one might normally go mountain biking and a lot of "ride carefully..."

@pink poodle fishing is exercise, hauling in a big flathead beats the gym any day, right?
Even a big flat head does it provide much sport...though I haven't cracked the metre mark, so maybe about 94cm they really turn it on?

Given you don't skate I'd say you've be abusing the skate park for years. Poor skaters can't get a decent drop in for all the old mountain bikers lurking and the lame scooter kids.
How do you know i don't skate? But I go to the old shitty one near the beach that doesn't get much traffic these days.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So when people get put up in hotels like the Hilton for quarantine, who foots the bill? Because if it is free, I could probably go a little bit of a break from reality. I'll probably use the lap pool but avoid the sauna.
My guess is that the first groups get 5 star so this all looks good in the media but before long the next few groups will be down to 4 star and then 2 star accommodation. By the time you get on this you will be at a back packers in a dormitory room, enjoy

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, we ran into our (only) local real estate agent today - she said there's been a spate of holiday home owners down here evicting tenants who have rolling month-by-month leases to move in and claim their holiday residence as their primary residence.

All because of these kind of offerings:

Best of luck for the tenants finding other accomodation right now.
Right but the landlord has to give 30 days notice yeah? Memorandum comes into effect tomorrow at midnight.. The tenants only have to hold ground 24 hours and the landlord is stuffed..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
People need to get ahead of the curve, there is a new wave of panic buying coming.

MAke sure you have at least 2 weeks worth of jigsaw puzzles in your house whilst you still can. By the end of the week, the shelves are likely to be empty.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also the 6 months mortgage replayment holiday isn’t really a holiday. The interest and/or principle is just delayed then compunded after 6 months. You still have to pay the same off and a touch more. There is still devate whether taking a mortgage break will be a bad credit strike against your name or not..