Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sometimes the problem with ordering parts online from different shops is that you end up with two of the same item.
Did you order 2 bikes?

A few times I have received 2 of the same item from the same retailer...I has always been my fault.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I tried to help a stranger this afternoon. They were riding along and I noticed their helmet was on back to front...I politely let them know as I rode past. I going to guess it was the embarrassment that made them unappreciative of my help. The question remains, how the fuck do you put one of these helmets on back to front?

Attachments

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I tried to help a stranger this afternoon. They were riding along and I noticed their helmet was on back to front...I politely let them know as I rode past. I going to guess it was the embarrassment that made them unappreciative of my help. The question remains, how the fuck do you put one of these helmets on back to front?
It's probably a similar thought process to assembling a bike with the forks on backwards

T-Rex

Template denier
I've seen a full face once that had a "front" sticker inside of the forehead area. Cant remember the brand. At the time I thought "what a waste of a sticker". Having read your post, maybe it wasn't.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've seen a full face once that had a "front" sticker inside of the forehead area. Cant remember the brand. At the time I thought "what a waste of a sticker". Having read your post, maybe it wasn't.
People are good at what we do. The mullet style of the fox in question surely can't feel even close to right, so no idea how he rider rolled with it.

That said one of my gang climbed the Ourimbah start ramp with his DJ helmet on backwards once. We all thought he was clowning around...nope. Lucky we elected to point it out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It couldn't happen to a better bloke they'll say...

Well it wouldn't be a night in the garage fiddling with the slowest bike build rotorburn has ever experienced if I didn't have something to post in here.

So the frame has internal routing only on the main frame. There is no alternative that won't look as stupid as zip ties or tape...so I'm jamming the shifter, dropped, and rear brake through this thing and fuck me if it doesn't seem only made for 2 cables! Anyway the cables all go through easy enough, I think actually cable threading might have equated to 12 minutes. Of course the problem revealed itself later when it came time to get the brakes sorted.

I wanted to avoid spurting mineral oil all through the workshop and frame, so I popped a length of toothpick into the end of the brake line. It was a perfect fit, just a little too tight to go inside the line. Unless you applied a good bit of pressure to it. Like say jamming the toothpick and brake line into the inside of the frame! Now this brake line is already only just long enough for my liking, I plan some almost X ups on this bike! So I figure I'll snip the few mm of line off and problem solved.

Snip. Not enough. Snip. Not enough. How long was this cunt? Snip. Still not enough!!! But I can see that I've gotten. Pretty close to the top on the last one I'll just grab something and pull the last little bit out. Shit!!!! It's sliding into the line...fuck fuck fuck!!!! I pull the line down, gravity will have my back on this...nope. Gravity is fucking me. I keep the line printing down and jam a pad spacer up in the pads, wiggle wiggle wiggle. I can see oil coming out, but no pin head of toothpick. Shit!!! I set up to flush the line. I run a big syringe of mineral oil up from the caliper quote forcefully. There goes a few bleeds worth of oil. I still can't see the tiny piece of wood in my oil trap. Now I fill the syringe with air and blast that through a few times. Still no definitive result. I'm on the floor looking to see if any of the shit down there looks like the toothpick, so much shit. I'm looking in the oil...it's got a lot of bleed history in there, who knows what all that shit is?

Stay tuned. In 6 months when I finish this build and the rear brake explodes and causes me to combust while hitting a large tree, we will all go "ahhhh...must have been that 1mm piece of toothpick."

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Well it wouldn't be a night in the garage fiddling with the slowest bike build rotorburn has ever experienced if I didn't have something to post in here.

So the frame has internal routing only on the main frame. There is no alternative that won't look as stupid as zip ties or tape...so I'm jamming the shifter, dropped, and rear brake through this thing and fuck me if it doesn't seem only made for 2 cables! Anyway the cables all go through easy enough, I think actually cable threading might have equated to 12 minutes. Of course the problem revealed itself later when it came time to get the brakes sorted.

I wanted to avoid spurting mineral oil all through the workshop and frame, so I popped a length of toothpick into the end of the brake line. It was a perfect fit, just a little too tight to go inside the line. Unless you applied a good bit of pressure to it. Like say jamming the toothpick and brake line into the inside of the frame! Now this brake line is already only just long enough for my liking, I plan some almost X ups on this bike! So I figure I'll snip the few mm of line off and problem solved.

Snip. Not enough. Snip. Not enough. How long was this cunt? Snip. Still not enough!!! But I can see that I've gotten. Pretty close to the top on the last one I'll just grab something and pull the last little bit out. Shit!!!! It's sliding into the line...fuck fuck fuck!!!! I pull the line down, gravity will have my back on this...nope. Gravity is fucking me. I keep the line printing down and jam a pad spacer up in the pads, wiggle wiggle wiggle. I can see oil coming out, but no pin head of toothpick. Shit!!! I set up to flush the line. I run a big syringe of mineral oil up from the caliper quote forcefully. There goes a few bleeds worth of oil. I still can't see the tiny piece of wood in my oil trap. Now I fill the syringe with air and blast that through a few times. Still no definitive result. I'm on the floor looking to see if any of the shit down there looks like the toothpick, so much shit. I'm looking in the oil...it's got a lot of bleed history in there, who knows what all that shit is?

Stay tuned. In 6 months when I finish this build and the rear brake explodes and causes me to combust while hitting a large tree, we will all go "ahhhh...must have been that 1mm piece of toothpick."
tL;DR
Poodle had a brake fluid bukakke party with a tranny and an errant toothpick.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Wouldn't have had this problem with SRAM, Dot fluid would've corroded away the toothpick remnants in no time.