COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I read in the weekend papers that the UK will no longer use China data as a reference point. Tend to agree, no point charting ccp data against democratic countries..
You're right, American figures are very reliable...what's to say China hasn't neutralised the problem?

All that tin foil going around. Yo guys should see all the information that Centrelink want to gather...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're right, American figures are very reliable...what's to say China hasn't neutralised the problem?

All that tin foil going around. Yo guys should see all the information that Centrelink want to gather...
They just locked down a city of 10 million because of 7 covid cases, that came from over the border not local transmission.. Yep completely proportional response considering they have reported 30 odd cases a day since they magically beat the virus..
America’s numbers are probably higher than actual because of low testing. They aren’t lying about it though..

moorey

call me Mia
America’s numbers are probably higher than actual because of low testing. They aren’t lying about it though..
Something like 40% of US deaths are in aged care facilities....and they are just not testing them. One state decided to test everyone at one facility, staff and residents. The infection rate was 75%. FIIK how it wasn’t 100%.
They also sent out testing kits without instructions. The untrained staff had NFI his to use. Very few were returned, most were either done incorrectly or returned unlabelled and leaking. It’s an absolute cluster cuss....
Prisons and meat processing plants are also being smashed.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Something like 40% of US deaths are in aged care facilities....and they are just not testing them. One state decided to test everyone at one facility, staff and residents. The infection rate was 75%. FIIK how it wasn’t 100%.
They also sent out testing kits without instructions. The untrained staff had NFI his to use. Very few were returned, most were either done incorrectly or returned unlabelled and leaking. It’s an absolute cluster cuss....
Prisons and meat processing plants are also being smashed.
Same in Sweden with the aged care and they aren’t target testing much either. Seems a few countries have let their old down pretty badly..
I think the American figures are a fairly accurate indication of what’s happening on the ground.. It’s a Shit show..
China’s, are laughable. They recently rounded up their wuhan deaths exactly 50%. Not 27% or 52.3% or 113%, but 50% exactly. The regional areas is where the true figures lies but I highly doubt much testing, if any, is happening there.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think US is drastically under reported. They just aren’t testing anywhere near enough people.
So do I, but what they do provide, along with having a free media, gives the world an understanding on what is going on there.
It is widely reported in the USA that there are not enough tests available.. You never read anything like that from China, which has a population over a billion.. They would have needed to have performed 100 million tests to be confident they have the virus licked. They don’t even report how many tests they have done. Compare that to the US..

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So WA has groups of 10 allowed now, today group of 10ish teenage kids been hanging out at the playground across the road for hours. Although no different in my mind to school they are epected to go back to in 2 days, I do hope the gov has it right! Aparently on 30 ish active WA cases at the moment (plus 20 odd Germans from a cruise ship) so it doesn't seem risky, but I guess Singapore thought that a few weeks ago

peanut

Likes Dirt
statistically comparing the deaths per million of population the U.S is actually in a better position than spain,u.k etc...at the moment, i'd be more worried living in Belgium.

moorey

call me Mia
statistically comparing the deaths per million of population the U.S is actually in a better position than spain,u.k etc...at the moment, i'd be more worried living in Belgium.
I heard a rumour...might not be true...that nursing home COVID19 deaths aren’t being counted in the tally in the US. And there’s been over 15k. I hope I’m wrong.