The QUICK question thread.....

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
These lines on the dropper - guessing its from dust etc over the years wearing on guide/ridge things inside the main cylinder?

Only noticed them in last few rides as the dropper had gotten slow and I took it off to clean and have a closer look. Probably have been there a while though. Question is whether its past the point of no return now? PUN INTENDED.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yeah thanks mate, the whole grx with more offset really threw me. But I guess the offset happens at the crank, not the bb.
The reason for the additional offset is so if running a front derailleur it clears the larger sized tires used on a gravel bike when running a double chainring.
This is one of the major constraining factors for gravel bike design.
The chain line for the single ring GRX version is equivalent to a standard road big ring chain line.

Flow-Rider

Burner
These lines on the dropper - guessing its from dust etc over the years wearing on guide/ridge things inside the main cylinder?

Only noticed them in last few rides as the dropper had gotten slow and I took it off to clean and have a closer look. Probably have been there a while though. Question is whether its past the point of no return now? PUN INTENDED.

View attachment 365274
It's not the surface that seals high pressure, it's just an aniti-friction coating on the outside, you usually get those marks when the collar has become loose but it's not limited to that either.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Who is the marzocchi fanboi on RB?

Can said fanboi explain why I must get a z2 bomber?

I'm pretty much sold on the idea for a number of reasons, but just need some confirmation to confirm my confirmation bias.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

I'm pretty much sold on the idea for a number of reasons, but just need some confirmation to confirm my confirmation bias.

They come in red so you’ll go faster.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Nostalgia? Don't know. My understanding is they're a cheaper version of a Fox

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Attached a shock wiz to my fork and need to calibrate the compression ratio. This involves letting air pressure out then pulling up to full extension then pushing down to full compression.
Problem is, my surplus fork has a coil negative and when I remove enough pressure to be able to compress the fork fully, I can’t pull it up to full extension - the coil is too strong.
Any tips for setting the compression ration manually or working around this somehow?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Attached a shock wiz to my fork and need to calibrate the compression ratio. This involves letting air pressure out then pulling up to full extension then pushing down to full compression.
Problem is, my surplus fork has a coil negative and when I remove enough pressure to be able to compress the fork fully, I can’t pull it up to full extension - the coil is too strong.
Any tips for setting the compression ration manually or working around this somehow?
Drop a few big Macs.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
It's not the surface that seals high pressure, it's just an aniti-friction coating on the outside, you usually get those marks when the collar has become loose but it's not limited to that either.
Yeah the collar was loose, I used a strap wrench to tighten properly now...

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Add some air back into the positive air chamber (not so much that you can't fully compress the fork) about 30-40psi max. This should help with getting full extension of the fork.
The key is to not change the air pressure during the calibration.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Add some air back into the positive air chamber (not so much that you can't fully compress the fork) about 30-40psi max. This should help with getting full extension of the fork.
The key is to not change the air pressure during the calibration.
Thanks but I tried that. I’m letting out just enough air that I can fully compress and at that point (around 30-40psi as you say) I can’t pull the fork up to full extension.
If I knew the compression ratio, I could manually put it in but I don’t and can’t find any reference to it anywhere (I guess because it changes depending on volume reducers etc)