Bargain buys thread

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I typed up a long description of my experience, but decided not to post. Hopefully Cyclingdeal have their shit together now, but I certainly won’t buy anything from them.

Edit happy to provide more info to anyone interested individually. I can’t praise Shockcraft more highly.
Were they the ones I bought off you? Those forks were the only set of forks I ever had that 'ate' the stanchions in record time. I sold them with the yellow Banshee. Gave them a fresh service just before sale and my mate managed to kill them in under 4 weeks. I just put it down to bad luck.

Had to give him a killer deal on a set of RCT3 pikes that I had done absolutely everything on incl. debonair spring, RCT3 comp piston mods, revalve, rebound rod mods, seal head upgrade etc. That reminds me, I need to do a faqload article on how get the Pike to perform. What a disappointing fork they are straight from the factory (especially given the gushing reviews they received in the press).

moorey

call me Mia
Jebus, that’s them, but that can’t be right! Dougal gave them a hyper service, and they’d done only a couple of hours from new, and I think I sold to you without using them after they came back. So what happened? Stanchion wear? Never even heard that happening on Mattocs.
:(

SummitFever

Eats Squid
There are big/deep vertical grooves on the stanchions but the black anodizing is not worn away. Very weird. Never seen anything like it and haven't had time to pull them apart for a full diagnosis. It's like the bushings (or something) has put compressive force on the stanchions. I might have put 20 hours on them before I sold them. Just to be clear, I'm not in any way blaming you. They were el primo (near new) when I got them from you. Just a very strange thing to happen. I will eventually get to the bottom of it and report back.

moorey

call me Mia
I still feel shite though. If it had been anyone other than Dougal, I’d assume a stuff up. Just found my email from when he fixed them.
Hi Craig
Thanks for your patience, we've been busy but I was able to test ride your fork and it's now good.
The issue was a plastic travel spacer on the damper side where it isn't supposed to be. I think this was jumping up and down on sharp hits. Making that noise.

Regards
Dougal

Flow-Rider

Burner
Who you talking to/about?
Everyone, wholesalers or suppliers offload shit that they can't sell through major stores because of some issue. I've been caught out with them too, selling forks that the supplier no longer stocks different weighted springs for and a bike that had a dropper post recall. The stuff was cheap, so I suppose you pay for what you get.

moorey

call me Mia
Everyone, wholesalers or suppliers offload shit that they can't sell through major stores because of some issue. I've been caught out with them too, selling forks that the supplier no longer stocks different weighted springs for and a bike that had a dropper post recall. The stuff was cheap, so I suppose you pay for what you get.
Ah right. Safreek territory. Yes, just another reason I don’t buy from them.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Good shorts on clearance only L and XL left I think.

$31 per pair but no free shipping at the moment. Paid $27 for DHL and they were here within 5 days. Got some grips as well so they were about $45 each with postage which is still much cheaper to equivalent here. People complained about the colour but I got black and they are..... Black.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
When did free shipping over $100 stop? :(

Been a while since last CRC purchase.
Around March as COVID ramped up. Most places in UK charging $30 post or thereabouts and free over $200 for most sites so unless doing a big order usually cheaper to buy local.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I can't see the offset listed on either, sent them a question regarding offset and production date. Wouldn't mind swapping out my 36 for another mezzer.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Just spoke with them and supposedly they'll find out by lunch today what offset and version of the lowers are fitted.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just spoke with them and supposedly they'll find out by lunch today what offset and version of the lowers are fitted.
Sweet. I took a gamble and ordered anyway. Worst case if the older bottom out bumpers are fitted I will contact Hayes about a replacement set.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Sweet. I took a gamble and ordered anyway. Worst case if the older bottom out bumpers are fitted I will contact Hayes about a replacement set.

Don't care about the offset? Bike will be unrideable if it has the wrong one lol

No takers on the Era fork yet??