Newly Released Suspension & Components General

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Anyone riding the Manitou Mara inline (which replaced the McLeod)?

My only reservation is the nearest service and dealer being in NZ, unless I’m wrong.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm skeptical... Surely some oil is going to be forced out of the lowers and into those reservoirs. How will they ensure it flows back?
Only assuming, but they might have pistons in there with springs so the piston will sit up the top until the fork is compressed.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
From MTBR:

Air
RAMP
System
RAMP (Remote Adjustable Modulated Progression)
Used to control the rate of progression of the Evol air spring system.
Compatible with Fox air forks with bleeder valves in lowers. Models include recent Fox 40’s and all 2021 models of the Fox 36, 38 and 40’s.
Mounts to the air bleeder hole and is clamped to the back of the lowers. Easy installation and adjustable with you air pump.
Provides external adjustment of air ramp up from progressive to more linear.
The secondary adjustment reduces pull down effect of the Negative spring to increase ride height and provide more effective travel and also serves as air bleeder to release pressure build up in lowers.
Allows removal of tokens to provide a larger positive air chamber for a longer linear range of travel with a smoother external adjustable progression to resist bottoming.
Only one required for the stock damper.

Hydraulic
RAMP
System
RAMP (Remote Adjustable Modulated Progression)
Provides external adjustment of the effective oil height in our Open bath cartridge system.
Compatible option for our open bath damper system with all Fox forks with bleeder valves in lowers. Models include recent Fox 40’s and all 2021 models of the Fox 36, 38 and 40’s.
Mounts to the air bleeder hole and is clamped to the back of the damper side lowers. Easy installation and adjustable with you air pump
External adjustment of the air over oil ramp rate for added progression or a more linear feel.
Increased oil volume above cartridge to reduce aeration which improves damper performance.
The open bath cartridge allows for both sides to create ramp up, so two units can be installed.

This system allows more pressure to be relieved from the lower legs than stock and is adjustable from the outside with IFP pressure in the secondary chamber. It also allows positive pressure to be added the lowers to balance and reduce the negative spring pull down effect!

Minlak

custom titis

They also offer 12 mths crash replacement - if you break it you send them pictures and describe the incident and they will replace it in the first 12 mths of ownership.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It also allows positive pressure to be added the lowers to balance and reduce the negative spring pull down effect!
Isn't this an undersirable trait? Back in the the open bath days folks would try push their forks down while screwing down the top caps. Attempting to lower the pressure inside the fork chassis

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Not sure if this has been posted before, or how similarly it works to the Avalanche version, but Vorsprung have something out too.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Anyone riding the Manitou Mara inline (which replaced the McLeod)?

My only reservation is the nearest service and dealer being in NZ, unless I’m wrong.
Had a McLeod for years. Great shock and easy to service at home. Need to buy seal kits online but Manitou provide documentation for servicing yourself.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well it's not quite suspension, but I'm excited! (Big Kev style)

Love the travel range of my Vecnum Nivo 212mm, but the action is pretty agricultural tbh. BikeYoke has the smoothest drop I've ever experienced, so I'm keen as for for a blend of the two.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Well it's not quite suspension, but I'm excited! (Big Kev style)

Love the travel range of my Vecnum Nivo 212mm, but the action is pretty agricultural tbh. BikeYoke has the smoothest drop I've ever experienced, so I'm keen as for for a blend of the two.
Every mm matters - you'll notice!