The QUICK question thread.....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Say you wanted an indoor trainer.. well, just to do something other than drink piss.... but, not so keen on a monthly subscrition to ride with people using an ebike on a (fwark me, I didn't invent this term) a smart trainer....

Is there a way to have bacon and eat it too..... Is there an indoor trainer that will do well... training routines without all the "I need a 42 inch TV screen inches from my face"

The meat sock used to have a dumb indoor trainer for winter and, well, might have enjoyed it.....

S
Is the pig asking about the trainer or the software?
Suggest looking at DCRainmakers site as he is the tech god for all things trainer.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yep Debonair thing upgraded my Lyrik to a C1 recently and it sits higher in the travel. Don't think it's available for the Revelation though, check with Cyclnic to be sure.
It is for the newer Revs like mine. Reading about the C1 it sounds like it's worth the upgrade even if I didn't have the suck down issue.

Shame there isn't a similar upgrade available for my Deluxe Debonair shock. 35% sag and it still feels dead.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This calls for a laboratory test from a German magazine....

Or maybe small sample based personal opinions from random people on the internet.

I’ve never broken a chain so can’t help.
Strength and wear are two different things. Wippermans are known to munch bushings if you're not on top of your lubing.

I'm probably heavier and rougher than most people to grace a german magazine, and I've covered a lot of kms ranging from mtb to touring across europe.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whats the strongest 11 speed chain?
I haven't used it yet as it arrived too late for an install prior to moving and I didn't really need it on right now, but as it appears resting in the package this looks like a robust chain:

The bike has been running a low end SRAM pc1130 from new and it is still going strong.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Thanks all, have broken 3 KMC X11 chains this year - on 2 different bikes. One on the hardtail but I think there was a setup issue that was contributing. Today was the 2nd on the gravel bike, which might be pretty brutal on the chain with the gearing I'm using (40t, 11-40t, lots of standing up and mashing). Replaced the two broken links with quicklinks, headed off and on first little hill, snapped an entirely different link... I clean and re-lube semi-regularly with these, but maybe not enough.. I had an old SRAM chain on a 1x10 setup that lasted years and years.

Going to look into the Wippermann options.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
. I had an old SRAM chain on a 1x10 setup that lasted years and years.

Going to look into the Wippermann options.
10 speed last real well i reckon, wipperman used to b promo, i think their quality have dropped lately
buy cheap sram chains

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wanting to convert 20x110mm DT350 hub to 15x110mm (or 15x100).. what do I need to make this happen? A search for appropriate end caps has been surprisingly fruitless.

moorey

call me Mia
Looking like this might actually be the case. Annoying. Been looking for a Manitou Circus but damned if I can find one, next option was a secondhand Fox 34 or something but ICBF changing the hub.

Cheers guys.
Change once, change right.