The QUICK question thread.....

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't used it yet as it arrived too late for an install prior to moving and I didn't really need it on right now, but as it appears resting in the package this looks like a robust chain:

The bike has been running a low end SRAM pc1130 from new and it is still going strong.
@droenn

I've used one in 10 speed for a while, there's something about it as the chain doesn't like the older cassettes ( I've tried 3 other cassettes that work well with other new chains), it tends to slip on the smaller cogs under load but it's worked fine on the new cassette. They claim to have self lubing pins, I've only lubed it about 3 times in the last 1500kms and all seems well.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Real quick needed, a mate just arrived for a ride with his bike running 2x xt with a weird plastic bit on a spring in the front derailleur. It was rubbing and making a noise like it obviously shouldn't so it got removed. Will this need replacing? what did it do?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Real quick needed, a mate just arrived for a ride with his bike running 2x xt with a weird plastic bit on a spring in the front derailleur. It was rubbing and making a noise like it obviously shouldn't so it got removed. Will this need replacing? what did it do?
Obviously nothing important.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You removed the entire front derailleur I'm hoping.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
where is the bit specifically?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Do the B1 Debonair fork springs normally make a hissing sound early in their travel?

Did a lowers service the other day and noticed that it's started making the noise in that initial part of travel - seems incredibly soft for that first ~20mm or so and is then firmer as I get to the sag point.

Just wondering if that initial softness and the sound is a sign that they're now working properly?

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do the B1 Debonair fork springs normally make a hissing sound early in their travel?

Did a lowers service the other day and noticed that it's started making the noise in that initial part of travel - seems incredibly soft for that first ~20mm or so and is then firmer as I get to the sag point.

Just wondering if that initial softness and the sound is a sign that they're now working properly?
Likely got a equalization issue with the positive and negative chambers. Try burping your forks - https://www.mbr.co.uk/how-to-2/susp...=Burp your seals,it's worth a shot regardless.

i.e Run a small zip tie down the side of the seals to release the neg chamber pressure build up. Probably likely that your forks aren't returning to full travel either.

safreek

Hey guys, quick questions. What sort of weird brake/shifter set up is this. Is it any good. Is it one of those dual control thingies that everyone hated, that would mean complete replacement.

Also, what do you think of this bike at this price. Probably a bit dear considering drivetrain possible replacement.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey guys, quick questions. What sort of weird brake/shifter set up is this. Is it any good. Is it one of those dual control thingies that everyone hated, that would mean complete replacement. View attachment 367159
Also, what do you think of this bike at this price. Probably a bit dear considering drivetrain possible replacement.
Dual control brake/shifter. Came on my 04 DH bike. Moronic.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hey guys, quick questions. What sort of weird brake/shifter set up is this. Is it any good. Is it one of those dual control thingies that everyone hated, that would mean complete replacement. View attachment 367159
Ugh.... Shimano's darkest era along with rapid rise. Someone no doubt will call it collectable.

The first OTB you have then all of the brifter thingy is in line for a beating.