Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Well the V11 just announced on PB and probably every bike website today.

Composite version of the Vault.

Got to be a winner doesn't it?

$79.99 AUD is recommended.

I'm only 10 rides or so on my Brendog Vaults and loving them so no complaints but would have waited had I known given how long I waited. Oh well.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I've never seen a carbon handlebar be heavier than the alloy counterpart. Same with composite pedals, they're usually 100g lighter.
They answered you in the comments thread

flag
dmrbikes PLUS (2 hours ago)

Yep, all metal pins with the captive nuts, and a tough nylon composite that will take a beating. Our philosophy is that for those in the market at this price, weight saving isn't the top priority, but durability and performance definitely are!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Fair enough, for the record I don't care about 100g, I just thought it odd that a composite equivalent would be heavier.

Also for the record, I'd be interested in these!

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah. So i bought a pair of v11's.

They're exactly like a pair of vaults but in composite..... but different.

The pin layout is good, lots of grip but easier to reposition the foot, its actually preferrable to the vaults which glue your foot to however you initially contact them, resulting in you having to lift your foot again to get it where you want it. These you can kinda wiggle into place, but I never slipped a pedal or found i needed to readjust once I'd started going if the initial contact was perfecto.

haven't tested them on a rock strike yet, but will be interesting to see if what they say about composites is true.

moorey

call me Mia
My various composites have taken a flogging over the years. All are still going strong. One set dragged along a bitumen road at 100kph after a bike rack failure (not the Single Trail rack), Wore 5mm off, but not enough to effect use, I'll probably never be able to service them as the edge was ground down flush, so I'm using them will they die. That was 10 months ago, I'm still using them.