Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Only because that's all I have right now in the kitty. Looking into it, pin to axle distance seems to be an important factor, not just platform dimensions. I find I have to have my foot millimetres from the crank arm to get my full foot supported, maybe others sit further away and therefore a better target for my foot?
Seriously, try the Odyssey Grandstand plastics. They are $45 posted from Luxbmx, tough enough to withstand Tom Dugan (check out YT, you will shit your pants) and grip like shit to my size 14 5.10 Freeriders.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Seriously, try the Odyssey Grandstand plastics. They are $45 posted from Luxbmx, tough enough to withstand Tom Dugan (check out YT, you will shit your pants) and grip like shit to my size 14 5.10 Freeriders.
Plastic pins are good for you?

Also have you tried the metal version?

Oddjob

Plastic pins are good for you?

Also have you tried the metal version?
They seem to work fine, and they definitely agree with your shins a lot more.

Never tried the metal version as the plastics worked great.

HamboCairns

I guess it can't hurt to try! Shame they don't have the Billiard colour, that pretty much matches my frame!

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia

Hard disagree. Shitty plastic pins CAUSE slips and shin issues. I run THE longest and sharpest pins possible....and never slip...and I promise you it’s not due to any special skill.

Oddjob

Hard disagree. Shitty plastic pins CAUSE slips and shin issues. I run THE longest and sharpest pins possible....and never slip...and I promise you it’s not due to any special skill.
If they are good enough for Tom Dugan (who rides like how you want to ride in your dreams), they're probably good enough for you.

But hey, when you bring out your signature pedal, send me a pair and I'll review them for you.

moorey

call me Mia
If they are good enough for Tom Dugan (who rides like how you want to ride in your dreams), they're probably good enough for you.

But hey, when you bring out your signature pedal, send me a pair and I'll review them for you.

I watched 10 seconds...and I DO ride like him. Ok, fall like him...ok, I fall over, but unrelated. Might have stuck that first trick with decent pedals.
Anyone who rides like that without a helmet is a total tool bag.

PJO

in me vL comy
I watched 10 seconds...and I DO ride like him. Ok, fall like him...ok, I fall over, but unrelated. Might have stuck that first trick with decent pedals.
Anyone who rides like that without a helmet is a total tool bag.
It's all about the pants isn't it... you secretly want those pants.

HamboCairns

Anyone tried the Supacaz Smash pedals? It has a pretty wide platform too.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Anyone tried the Supacaz Smash pedals? It has a pretty wide platform too.

They look to be identical to the cleanskin pedals.

HamboCairns

They look to be identical to the cleanskin pedals.
Apart from being out of stock lol

HamboCairns

You can really go down a rabbit hole of pedals! I've now found the Chromag Synth which is the same size and internals as the Scarab but plastic. Can't find them anywhere bar Wiggle/CRC though ($199 minimum grrrr)
These punch well above their weight for a cheap pedal. I paid $30, but free post.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RockBro...-/124644569049?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
Mmm they don't seem that much wider than what I have now.

Have you tried these ones?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
You can really go down a rabbit hole of pedals! I've now found the Chromag Synth which is the same size and internals as the Scarab but plastic. Can't find them anywhere bar Wiggle/CRC though ($199 minimum grrrr)

Mmm they don't seem that much wider than what I have now.

Have you tried these ones?

They look almost identical to the OneUp composites, just at a third of the price.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Just went to buy some dmr v12 mags that pushys had and... they're out of stock! Don't want to pay double for vaults. Grr.