Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Minlak

custom titis
Those turncoats better hope trump doesn't steam roll a coup!
There was always going to be enough votes to impeach as the democrats control the house - platitudes to the republicans brave enough to stand up - the rest didn't have to risk anything for it to pass and I believe many of them feared for their safety - so why risk it when it would pass anyway.
The actual trial is where it gets interesting as needs a 2/3rds majority to complete.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The actual trial is where it gets interesting as needs a 2/3rds majority to complete.
By my vague count 3 Republicans in the Senate have said they will vote to impeach, with another three (Sasse, Romney and Collins) silent so far but extremely likely to. So that's 6-7 left to find for a 2/3rds majority?

Unlikely, but it looked a hell of a lot more unlikely before 3rd ranking Republican Liz Cheney threw her hat into the impeachment ring yesterday.

moorey

call me Mia
By my vague count 3 Republicans in the Senate have said they will vote to impeach, with another three (Sasse, Romney and Collins) silent so far but extremely likely to. So that's 6-7 left to find for a 2/3rds majority?

Unlikely, but it looked a hell of a lot more unlikely before 3rd ranking Republican Liz Cheney threw her hat into the impeachment ring yesterday.
More likely if Mitch is genuinely on board.
I think it will all depend on what MAGA do in the coming days and how Trump responds to it.
Unlike a few days ago, I’m leaning towards it actually being possible now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
This is why I like to quote people when I reply to stuff :)
Gotta love a quote.

Zaf member: 82396 said:
There's no compelling evidence of fraud, sure. But that's not what I'm saying. That's looking at a single causal factor and ruling it out, but still looking at a previously robust data set that has completely inverted and not having a reason why.
You're not even curious as to why past behaviour all of a sudden did not become a predictor of future behaviour?
I was thinking about this one as I saw some of The Trump Show on TV the other night. I thought the reason was COVID when I initially replied but on reflection Trump is just not a Republican at all, and you can fool some of the people some of the time, but that time was over when the elections rolled around.

It's hilarious how he's deleting all his comments, wall of text crits you for over 9000 @Zaf, bye Felicia.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
craig kelly (and that christiansen guy- member for manila)
are local manifestations of low intelligence and dumbcuntery in a similar vein to the orange shitstain.
both kelly and cristiansen are OS supporters, both claim to be proponents of 'free speech'..... but not when people call them on their insane bullshit.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The squad had the panic buttons in their offices removed and republicans were directing the mob to them it seems... Pretty fucking evil.

moorey

call me Mia
That’s attempted murder. Pure and simple.
It’s being investigated, hoping they can prove what seems pretty clear, and throw the book at them.

GOP representatives and senators were calling Trump directly for help while under seige, but aids say he wouldn’t take their calls, because the coverage was live on TV and he couldn’t pause it like with TiVo.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Fun facts:
  • Trump has now got more impeachments than terms
  • Trump's number of impeachments is now the same as all other US Presidents combined.
  • Trump and Rudy are now no longer talking. Trump refusing to pay Rudy's legal bills.
Poor Rudy. Imagine completely trashing your reputation, looking like a complete lunatic, being recorded attempting to seduce a teenager, holding a press conference with your head leaking, holding another press conference next to a dildo shop, (probably) about to get charged for inciting insurrection all in the space of three months and all without getting paid.

Last edited: