Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
He didn’t pardon Assange like I expected. What’s your take on that?
Assange had nothing on him nor nothing anything more he could give Trump. Second, it might again increase the suspicion that the Russians helped him win round 1. That's about all I can come up with.

But in saying that, I read that pardons don't have to be publicly announced. You can just do the paperwork and first thing anyone knows about it is when a person is charged for a particular crime and BAM, the get out of gaol card - literally, a get out of gaol card free, is dropped onto the table.

So quite likely he has pardoned his family and some others that have material on him or can give him something in the future.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Reading up, so much is untested, that it’s all really unknown. Ford pardoned Nixon before he was charged, so there goes my theory.
Yeah the only real accepted restriction is that it’s crimes committed. That is, it can’t be a preemptive pardon/allowance to go do some crime. But they don’t have to have been charged yet.

As above there’s a tacit acknowledgement of guilt (or you wouldn’t need the pardon) but by the same token, if the crimes haven’t been charged, and they haven’t been proven beyond reasonable doubt, then the pardon is for crimes that may have been committed, and you can keep going around pretending you’re not a piece of shit.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
@johnny, I was under the impression you can’t issue a pardon to someone who hasn’t been at least charged, if not convicted?
Nope, as Johnny says the pardons can be completely under the table. He totally did all the paperwork for his family and himself and has the jet fuelled up at palm beach and ready to go.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Allegedly tastes ok despite smelling like blocked drains, umeboshi? No, like natto.
Oh no, it's.....natto! I can't take that stuff in my mouth. A Japanese guy I know here says it tastes like Vegemite to him!

A Malaysian girl I knew wanted me to get into the durian...it's smell is too much. I could not. Unfortunately this is not a metaphor, just a story about a stinky fruit and disappointment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Assange had nothing on him nor nothing anything more he could give Trump. Second, it might again increase the suspicion that the Russians helped him win round 1. That's about all I can come up with.

But in saying that, I read that pardons don't have to be publicly announced. You can just do the paperwork and first thing anyone knows about it is when a person is charged for a particular crime and BAM, the get out of gaol card - literally, a get out of gaol card free, is dropped onto the table.

So quite likely he has pardoned his family and some others that have material on him or can give him something in the future.

So what sort does lil Wayne have on trump?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Oh no, it's.....natto! I can't take that stuff in my mouth. A Japanese guy I know here says it tastes like Vegemite to him!

A Malaysian girl I knew wanted me to get into the durian...it's smell is too much. I could not. Unfortunately this is not a metaphor, just a story about a stinky fruit and disappointment.
Durian tastes better than it smells. I know the nasal assault it gives you but like smelly cheese and stinky tofu, it is an acquired taste or something. I hear you about Natto.

I bet it was a metaphor. Hmm,

moorey

call me Mia
Nope, as Johnny says the pardons can be completely under the table. He totally did all the paperwork for his family and himself and has the jet fuelled up at palm beach and ready to go.
Constitutional experts are unclear on what he CAN do, and aids are unclear on what he DID do...but hey, I’ll believe you.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Durian tastes better than it smells. I know the nasal assault it gives you but like smelly cheese and stinky tofu, it is an acquired taste or something. I hear you about Natto.

I bet it was a metaphor. Hmm,
I'm sure if it was a metaphor durian would not have been the right fruit. Angel cake probably.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
A quick rundown of some of the more nefarious pardons...

I get the feeling he slapped in a lot of fodder to muddy the waters a bit and make it harder to focus on the truly apalling pardons.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk