Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bastards!! Aliexpress has gone downhill ever since the original owner was forced to sell by CCP, the vendors just laugh now. There's always been grubs on there but it was like 1 in 20 deals now it's like 1 in 5 go sour. You're lucky to get your money back so soon, the last few non-deliveries have been a 90 day return for me.
Yikes. I've had a pretty good run, no dramas yet. Just spent a lot across a few vendors, so fingers crossed no dramas now!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yikes. I've had a pretty good run, no dramas yet. Just spent a lot across a few vendors, so fingers crossed no dramas now!
This last order happen to be a good run but the one before that was a nightmare. Aliexpress and the vendor stretched it out as long as they could, which I've never had happen before.
I've been trying that lately, standard response is "shipping is by weight, cough up for all the postage..."
When ever I've bought 2 rotors in the past from the one vendor, the rotors usually come in the same package for the one mailing price, but I haven't bought rotors for years.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Merlin have been pretty solid through COVID bike times in my experience. They seem to actually be ordering things (ie: they have actually had Hope hubs and brakes come into stock intermittently throughout the year), prices are full-whack, but not inflated full-whack, and shipping has been quick.

PJO

in me vL comy
Merlin have been pretty solid through COVID bike times in my experience. They seem to actually be ordering things (ie: they have actually had Hope hubs and brakes come into stock intermittently throughout the year), prices are full-whack, but not inflated full-whack, and shipping has been quick.
Yeah the Hope hubs are around $380 a set, which is not terrible. Best price I ever got from Merlin was $290 a set, but that was about 3-4 years ago.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Any idea what the current shipping duration is from Wiggle? Ordered a bike last week and some more parts today

Minlak

custom titis
Any idea what the current shipping duration is from Wiggle? Ordered a bike last week and some more parts today
I ordered from Uberbike and it took a month (spent like 3 weeks saying at the airport awaiting shipment) - I ordered in Saturday from CRC and items have now left Germany 3 days later - Package from CRC is using DHL Express

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I ordered from Uberbike and it took a month (spent like 3 weeks saying at the airport awaiting shipment) - I ordered in Saturday from CRC and items have now left Germany 3 days later - Package from CRC is using DHL Express
CRC is very fast, I had an express package in my hands 4 days after ordering, it came via Frankfurt. That was 2 rims in December as well ! (6 weeks ago)

Ze Germans all use regular DHL, they were taking a month just before xmas, though I have a Bike-Components package sitting there since the 9th Jan, I'm hopeful it will move soon.

Reactions: SDA

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My Bike-Components order has arrived in Australia, that's only 12 days since 9th Dec where the first tracking said 'Frankfurt awaiting departure'

Makes a big difference from the solid month before x-mas.

Minlak

custom titis
My Bike-Components order has arrived in Australia, that's only 12 days since 9th Dec where the first tracking said 'Frankfurt awaiting departure'

Makes a big difference from the solid month before x-mas.
I ordered from UK pre Christmas took 4 weeks to get order -I ordered from UK on Saturday and it’s in Brisbane and delivery arranged today

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
So is it bad when you place an order with Aliexpress in the beginning of Jan and get an email saying "Good news it's been posted" a few days later...... . and then the same email today 3 weeks later.....

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I ordered some RS spares from the states, seller posted in good faith but was pulled up at the global shipping centre in Kentucky..order was cancelled and funds returned, now I can't order from them anymore as it states that they don't post to Australia..chunts!
Geoblocking perhaps?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
I ordered some RS spares from the states, seller posted in good faith but was pulled up at the global shipping centre in Kentucky..order was cancelled and funds returned, now I can't order from them anymore as it states that they don't post to Australia..chunts!
Geoblocking perhaps?
Who's the seller?

Flow-Rider

Burner
So is it bad when you place an order with Aliexpress in the beginning of Jan and get an email saying "Good news it's been posted" a few days later...... . and then the same email today 3 weeks later.....
Check the tracking number, which courier service did you use ?